Volvospeed Forums

Trouble Code P0455

Nebor

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A/C has nothing to do with it.  You have an evap valve in the same place.  If you have a hand vacuum pump, you can test the EVAP valve(canister purge valve) both connections should hold vacuum, if one doesn't then replace the valve.

I figured the AC wouldnt affect it one way or another, the only reason i thought of it was that was the only thing i did differently that day.

The light went out this morning, so we'll see if if comes back on. Hope it was just a loose gas cap. If it comes back , i will do a vacume test.

thanks

It's not the one for your car, so I don't know how long it will work or if it will work correctly.  But it might don't know.

It's the one that FCPGroton sells tagged as "S70s 1998 Only."

It is radically different from the one I removed though. The old one didn't hold a vacuum going to the intake manifold.

Did you replace the gas cap with a factory one like was originally suggested or are you still using the pep boys cap?

Still using the generic gas cap, but I had it checked at an emissions station and it held vacuum just fine.... Should I still get an OEM cap? I don't know where my old one went...

Still using the generic gas cap, but I had it checked at an emissions station and it held vacuum just fine.... Should I still get an OEM cap? I don't know where my old one went...

IIRC, there is someone that sells the OEM Volvo caps on eBay for like $15 or so. I think that could be part of the problem. If not, the only other thing would be a leaky or disconnected hose that actually goes into the canister or the valve.

IIRC, there is someone that sells the OEM Volvo caps on eBay for like $15 or so. I think that could be part of the problem. If not, the only other thing would be a leaky or disconnected hose that actually goes into the canister or the valve.

My attempts to follow the vacuum lines coming out of this doohicky were unsuccesful. I have no idea where the canister is.

Maybe the valve I got just doesn't work for S70s? It's radically different than the one I took off.

valve3.JPG

valve4.JPG

That's the one I took off. Compare to the pictures of the new one I posted previously.

The part number thats on your correct valve is the 8627005, thats what you need, that number superceeds to a 9125243, order that part number.

So howcome I have a 1998 model, and the fcpgroton site says "For 1998 S70s only?"

Archived