Volvospeed Forums

Sas (Air Pump) Delete....write-Up With Pics

Volvo5.0

I hit 50 miles today and popped the code again. I disconnected that purple vacuum line and capped it. I disconntected the pump at the clip next to the battery tray. If all of this is correct I am going to pull out the ECU and verify the position of the diode. My pump was turning on prior to doing this which tells me that the relay above the fan was working. Is there a chance that the solenoid is bad. How can I check this?

The code that I am throwing is P0410

Ok, here is where I am at. I tested the air pump relay by switching it with the main relay, car still started.

I have the ECU in front of me right now and I did the diode off of another post that had it running from A32 to B38. I have the direction correct, but should I switch it to the way it is done in this post.

The only thing that I do not know how to test is the solenoid. I read a post under the repair section and the instructions are not to clear for me.

From what I can see, once these areas are covered I should be in the clear.

The A32 to B38 doesnt work, that is activated when the pump signal is set. You want it on the A32 to A37 where is activates when the vacuum solenoid is set.

That's your issue, the diode is installed on the wrong pins. So reread this topic... idono how you got it on the B38...

Edited by binglax09

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This works awesome...did it last week and fully passed emissions today..NO codes and almost Zero emissions at the tailpipe..car runs great...Takes like 5 minutes..most of that time is for the soldering iron to warm up...everyone should do this. I am going to physically remove all the non needed parts next week when i do my turbo back system...Thanks for the great info!!

• Upvote 1