Volvospeed Forums

Here Is My 1993 850

marco bolduc

We will let it slide, Greg.

I think people's heads would explode because everyone except our club would think we are stupid. That is why the original stance pilgrims left mother bimmerforums and formed their own colonies.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

it's been a while since i've made an update! that car is now turbocharged. I bought a 96' 855 turbo as a donor car for 200$. Swapped the engine and harness in, did some ''not so'' major wiring modification, added a 3'' OBX downpipe, 16T turbo, Boost Engineering Tune, Msd ingnition coil, poly-bushings, custom 2.5'' stainless intercooler piping with HKS SSQV3 BOV.

Photo001.jpg

Photo006.jpg

I also did some work on the Suspension. The complete DIY coil-over came off and a Standard Suspension coil-over kit took the place!

gtgg.jpg

photo.jpg

As you can see, on those coil-over, you lower the ride by the base instead of by the spring so even if you are all the way down, you still have the same damping on the shock. The best dawn upgrade i've ever made!

low.jpg

300126_10150891954845092_809895091_21404

next step: sun roof delete!

381730_10151035628020092_809895091_22020

385045_10151035644775092_809895091_22020

and then, it's going in the shop for a 6-point roll-cage in preparation for the racing season!

I'll try to give some updates as it enter the shop!

Props to you for sporting a car that low in Québec. I had my old car slammed in Montréal for a summer and it was pure hell. If you rock that thing during Québec winters, you're one brave dude.

haha! It's clearly not a winter car! In fact it is currently in the garage! Winter is the best time to do some major work on it!

That Rear coilover setup is what I was looking into. What model car did you source the rear suspension setup from? I had a friend with some 240sx stuff that looked close but wouldn't have lowered the car that much.

This build is pretty awesome!

-John

That Rear coilover setup is what I was looking into. What model car did you source the rear suspension setup from? I had a friend with some 240sx stuff that looked close but wouldn't have lowered the car that much.

This build is pretty awesome!

-John

The rear setup is made for the 850! In fact, Standard Suspension's kit is not available anymore because the rear setup was not well developped. Originaly the spring was off the shock, like the KW's but that way, when using a short spring, it was falling off when lifting the car. So me and Std suspension's rep developped the rear's so the spring goes on the shock. Standard Suspension's rep is one of my good friend, i told him that there's a lot of volvo guys that would bin interested in those kits. He said he would put so pressure on the company to restart making the kit, with the rear spring on the shock instead of apart. This complete kit cost around 1300$ and it's not some china stuff! They are really known in the racing world.

The rear setup is made for the 850! In fact, Standard Suspension's kit is not available anymore because the rear setup was not well developped. Originaly the spring was off the shock, like the KW's but that way, when using a short spring, it was falling off when lifting the car. So me and Std suspension's rep developped the rear's so the spring goes on the shock. Standard Suspension's rep is one of my good friend, i told him that there's a lot of volvo guys that would bin interested in those kits. He said he would put so pressure on the company to restart making the kit, with the rear spring on the shock instead of apart. This complete kit cost around 1300$ and it's not some china stuff! They are really known in the racing world.

Hmm... $1300 is steep, especially when I already have D2's. I have no problem re-positioning the spring when I jack up the car, I just figured that setup would allow for the car to go lower. Did you use the stock upper rear shock mount or have something custom fabbed?

Archived