Volvospeed Forums

Just Great.

PyROTech

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/P...e=1&File=24

Basically means, all cars sold after 2010 must be electroniclly limited to 150km and it would be illegal to have a car that doesnt have a limiter on it. So its illegal for a tuner to sell/modify (jurisdiction permiting) any tune that takes off the limiter, or to import a vehicle (not specifically states but implied since you cant have one in the country without a speed limiter first) that doesnt have the limiter adjusted for 150kmh.

And you can forget going over 150kmh at the track or at a drag strip.

edited part: corrected some typos, and added the track comment, and added importation stuff

Basically means, all cars sold after 2010 must be electroniclly limited to 150km and it would be illegal to have a car that doesnt have a limiter on it. So its illegal for a tuner to sell/modify (jurisdiction permiting) any tune that takes off the limiter, or to import a vehicle (not specifically states but implied since you cant have one in the country without a speed limiter first) that doesnt have the limiter adjusted for 150kmh.

Well, since it is still just a Bill and hasn't passed yet, you should be ok. There are crazy bills like that in the US also, but most of them don't even get close to becoming a law.

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/P...e=1&File=24

And you can forget going over 150kmh at the track or at a drag strip.

edited part: corrected some typos, and added the track comment, and added importation stuff

Ecodes are illegal there. So are half the exhaust pipes you use. Sure no one is using race fuel. Every HID kit is illegal. Most of the tint is. Its not enforced though so who cares.

• 5 weeks later...

Here in Florida all aftermarket exhausts are illegal.

Do you have the law and code which states this? What do you mean by aftermarket? If my hypothetical Honda Accord exhaust rusts out, Advance Auto parts sells an aftermarket exhaust which mimics the stock setup.

Answered my own question http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-...re-posting.html

I find it interesting that the Ferrari 599 has an electronic exhaust cutout and is sold in Florida in spite of this code:

"No person shall use a muffler cutout, bypass or similar device upon a vehicle on a highway. "

Do you have the law and code which states this? What do you mean by aftermarket? If my hypothetical Honda Accord exhaust rusts out, Advance Auto parts sells an aftermarket exhaust which mimics the stock setup.

Answered my own question http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-...re-posting.html

I find it interesting that the Ferrari 599 has an electronic exhaust cutout and is sold in Florida in spite of this code:

"No person shall use a muffler cutout, bypass or similar device upon a vehicle on a highway. "

cutouts are illegal in every state. <_<

Haha. How about the guy from Florida who gave up the order on his GT-R cause he doesn't want to drive a car with a black box in it?

And I'm pretty sure that by 2k10 all cars will have the black boxes. Insurance companies will love it and so will the DA.

And I'm pretty sure that by 2k10 all cars will have the black boxes. Insurance companies will love it and so will the DA.

If that is true then I won't even want to buy a new car. I have very cheap insurance, no more than a parking ticket in 10+ years of driving, i don't need the government in all of my business.

The automotive aftermarket is strong enough to find ways around any electronic nanny. With more and more basic functions being computer-controlled, it doesn't even take a h4xor of 1337 status to figure everything out.

I'm not worried.

Ecodes are illegal there. So are half the exhaust pipes you use. Sure no one is using race fuel. Every HID kit is illegal. Most of the tint is. Its not enforced though so who cares.

Every HID kit is illegal for a damn good reason. Blinds the shit out of people.