Volvospeed Forums

Fuel Vent Issue With A 1999 S70

S70Driva

If you get under the car and look up at where the fuel filler is you will see another tube that is the vent tube. Spiders like to build a nest in here.

I didn't believe it until I had this same problem. I was able to pull the vent tube apart down low at a rubber connection point. I then blew on the vent hose (the section towards the fuel filler or up) and a nasty spider egg nest came out of the nipple on the bottom of the vent tube. It didn't appear the vent tube is hooked up to the filler up top instead it goes to some cannister with a nipple on the bottom. I am assuming its some kind of one way valve. It blew my mind that it only took a small amount of pressure to dislodge the spider nest. Like I wrote it came right out of the nipple on that canister. Put it back together and I was able to get gas into the tank again. Give that a try and let us know how you make out.

I have heard of other more serious problems,but not sure what they are as they didn't apply to me. Before I read about the spider nest I was

having nightmares of dropping the tank or spending big money...

Archived