Volvospeed Forums

S60 Jack Points

TurboS60

I saw in the manual these locations but where do you put the stands if the jack is there?

Jack points should be the same as this picture of the V70R

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=13513

I'm dropping my subframe so I have my front jack stands just behind orange spots (rear subframe bracket) in this picture so I can drop it. I put a piece of wood between the flat deck and the jack to spread the load.

I guess you can jack it up under the subframe if you can get under the car and drop the belly pan to get the jack under there. Kinda hard to crawl under an S60 or my V70 T5 tho. Another place is the 2 little bars that your scissor jack that came with the car mounts to (one for jacking up the front and one for the back). They are just under the doors, look for them. When I put my 3 ton Sears Professional jack under the front one and jack it up, it raises the whole side of the car!

Cool so if I jack it up using the locations under the door (where the factory jack goes) and put stands on the orange parts in that link i should be good. Or would it be better to jack it up at the orange part and put stands where the factory jack goes?

Jack with the under door locations and stands under the marked locations. Better to have the improved fore/aft stability when on the stands. The under-door bars also don't look like they'd lend themselves well to sitting on typical jack stands.

Jack with the under door locations and stands under the marked locations. Better to have the improved fore/aft stability when on the stands. The under-door bars also don't look like they'd lend themselves well to sitting on typical jack stands.

Ditto! The 2 factory under the door bars are too close to each other. I would prefer to have the jacks further apart.

If you put the front jack under the subframe mounting brackets. Avoid denting up any of the bolts (piece of wood or don't have the jack stands over them). Might need to drop the subframe someday. Spreading the load with wood is good anyway.

BTW, how do you know if your transmission mount is bad? If you can get to it to check it, you pretty much can change it as it is very easy once you are there (3 bolts). Maybe you are upgrading to the QBM poly mount? (which I hear has a bit more vibration so be ready for that) Anyway, raising the height probably has more to do with getting the belly pan off. I use a pair of ramps for this (super quick, feel safer than jacks) I noted some info below when I replaced my transmission mount.

http://www.freewebs.com/howardsvolvos/moto...issionmount.htm

Thanks guys i managed to get the car on stands using the method you told me and its very stable.

BTW, how do you know if your transmission mount is bad? If you can get to it to check it, you pretty much can change it as it is very easy once you are there (3 bolts). Maybe you are upgrading to the QBM poly mount? (which I hear has a bit more vibration so be ready for that) Anyway, raising the height probably has more to do with getting the belly pan off. I use a pair of ramps for this (super quick, feel safer than jacks) I noted some info below when I replaced my transmission mount.

I dont know but I got 90k on the original and i got a jerk when shifting into gear so most likely this is the culprit. Im using OEM mount.

Thanks guys i managed to get the car on stands using the method you told me and its very stable.

I dont know but I got 90k on the original and i got a jerk when shifting into gear so most likely this is the culprit. Im using OEM mount.

Yeah, that was my problem too Nick and the tranny mount fixed it.

Took the old mount out and the smaller bushing was destroyed. Installed the new one and the car seems to drive much smoother. Dealer wanted 100 plus one hour labour to install it I got the mount for 40 from FCP and installed myself. Id say thats not bad at all ;)

Took the old mount out and the smaller bushing was destroyed. Installed the new one and the car seems to drive much smoother. Dealer wanted 100 plus one hour labour to install it I got the mount for 40 from FCP and installed myself. Id say thats not bad at all ;)

See now was it bad at all...very easy right...

Archived