Volvospeed Forums

Who Wants To Custom Map Their 850 T5 By Themselves?

turbotuner

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if i understand this correctly for about $1000.00 tuning can be performed our self? I looked at the pictures on the paged, how does fuel editing and ignition editing work? Is there a table or 3D map. What size is the table? Seems like the best option for people who have worked Mega Squirt, TEC 2 and 3 ect...

Ben D

So if i understand this correctly for about $1000.00 tuning can be performed our self?

Yes.

I looked at the pictures on the paged, how does fuel editing and ignition editing work? Is there a table or 3D map. What size is the table? Seems like the best option for people who have worked Mega Squirt, TEC 2 and 3 ect...

Ben D

I will add more screen shots next week. But yes there are tables for fuel, boost and ignition.

The system can be used by all kinds of people, from those who simply want to eliminate the boost cut when using an EBC/MBC/Bleedvalve, to those who want to custom map everything by themselves.

It is a very interesting solution,for these who want something more from their car,but is it as good as it writes?

All the advantage and limitations are on the web site. See the Benefits page.

And I believe it may lead to an engine failure if the person that will tune it,doesn't know too much things for tuning.

That is a possibility if you have no idea what you are doing. It's virtually impossible to make something like this totally idiot proof! :)

The built in ECU engine protection features still work, such as knock sensing ignition retard. Most things are explained on the web site.

All the advantage and limitations are on the web site. See the Benefits page.

That is a possibility if you have no idea what you are doing. It's virtually impossible to make something like this totally idiot proof! :)

The built in ECU engine protection features still work, such as knock sensing ignition retard. Most things are explained on the web site.

I read what it writes on the web site,I really like it but personally I wouldn't buy it because I am not sure if I can make it with the tuning.

It is better than buying another aftermarket EMS for 1800-2500 euros.

If other injectors will be used to an engine with this ecu,is there any problem?Maybe it is better to wait for someone else to do the first move....

Great idea mate, i'm sure someones gonna jump on this for sure, thx 4 bringing another choice to volvo tuners and to DIYER'S, hope to see one in action, have you thought about putting some video clips on the site.

Thanks! A video is a good idea, but time constraints don't allow for this at the moment. However I do hope to add some pictures of the system in action in the next two weeks.

I read what it writes on the web site,I really like it but personally I wouldn't buy it because I am not sure if I can make it with the tuning.

That's ok. A wise decision if you are unsure! :)

It is better than buying another aftermarket EMS for 1800-2500 euros.

It depends on the application, but yes it's a good alternative for those who don't need an expensive aftermarket EMS solution.

If other injectors will be used to an engine with this ecu,is there any problem?Maybe it is better to wait for someone else to do the first move....

No problem with larger injectors. It comes with a special calibration wizard to help you! :) It's already been successfully used to tune a car with 680 cc injectors.

That's ok. A wise decision if you are unsure! :)

It depends on the application, but yes it's a good alternative for those who don't need an expensive aftermarket EMS solution.

No problem with larger injectors. It comes with a special calibration wizard to help you! :) It's already been successfully used to tune a car with 680 cc injectors.

As I understood you have installed or worked on one of these,I am impressed from this system,because here in Greece Volvos are not so well known concerning chip tuning,so I can't trust for sure someone,except the ready chip tunes(BSR-RICA) and all the car need unique adjustments.

This is a really good deal for what you get. At my shop we charger 650 for performance upgrades for all post 2000 Volvos (S-60, V-70, ect..) through our AUTOLOGIC tool, and that is a fixed program designed to add say 15% power and then your done with adding any power other then mechanical upgrades. But this allows you to uses your factory ECM (on 850 and some S/V70 only) and tune it like a stand alone system. In theory you could make a lot of power and keep all of the benefits of the well built factory system. A setup like this has proved a good option for DSM and GM guys for a long time as you don't need to hack you factory harness and such. When i used a electromotive TEC-2 on my Starion the WINtec software alone was $400.

I think ill be ordering this setup in the next few months

Just my .02

Ben D

Archived