Volvospeed Forums

Ipd's Heavy Duty Turbo Control Valve

headline

Hi guys

IPD sells this Heavy Duty Turbo Control Valve. Wonder if this could be of use to a well maintained s60 T5 from 2001 with 100.000 miles and with a BSR stage 1 chip on.

IPD also writes this: 'Our HDTCV will not make your volvo faster, it is designed to replace a faulty OEM TCV. Many people have failing TCVs and don't know it. Ours should last longer than VOlvo's and perform better for its lifespan.'

Any thoughts on this?

http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S60/New-Produc.../p-74-815-4235/

Cheers!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just put one in my S70 with 150k miles. To make a long story short, it's pretty nice. If your power band feels rough and inconsistent and/or falls on it's face past 5k or so, you'll probably see an improvement with a new TCV. However, make sure it's not other things that are worn out, causing the performance issues (ie: do normal stage 0 first)

I installed mine when I did my engine swap. Works great, and IPD stands behind their products...Can't speak to the Delco unit mentioned in this string, but the IPD unit has good instructions which helps in keeping the point A to B of vacuum lines straight.

Guest brbevil

Just installed one 2 weeks ago with some NGK Iridium plugs. Huge difference. IPD unit it very well built and great instructions. Very impressed. Will not feel comfortable making wastegate adjustments soon.

perhaps member "lookforjoe" will chime in on his ac delco unit as mentioned above.

The AC/Delco unit worked better than the stock Volvo, in my experience with it. I had posted the boost improvements in another thread, don't recall the exact increases, but it raised boost across the board. Certainly a lower cost alternative.

IMG_4679.jpg

I'm back to an MBC, since my IPD tune still backs boost off to 15-16psi after peak load range :angry:

old pic...

IMG_3289.jpg

Thanks for this.

The boost is great (car is chipped to 300 hp with BSR stage 1). it pulls like crazy all the way to red line. there is even a little extra boost around 5500 rpm, dont know where that one comes from (felt it both on stock and with BSR)

Less impressive is till 3000 rpm (i know, big turbo, but still...). there i would say the car feels sluggish and hesitates.

For stage 0 i think it's done. the tuning guy at BSR looked at it too. I wrote in another thread asking for thoughts on changing the vacuum hoses with silicone ones. i dont know of any kit for s60s and i'm quite lost on what to order.

So when it comes to boost, if i can do anything i'd give it a try.

I just put one in my S70 with 150k miles. To make a long story short, it's pretty nice. If your power band feels rough and inconsistent and/or falls on it's face past 5k or so, you'll probably see an improvement with a new TCV. However, make sure it's not other things that are worn out, causing the performance issues (ie: do normal stage 0 first)

Hi guys

IPD sells this Heavy Duty Turbo Control Valve. Wonder if this could be of use to a well maintained s60 T5 from 2001 with 100.000 miles and with a BSR stage 1 chip on.

IPD also writes this: 'Our HDTCV will not make your volvo faster, it is designed to replace a faulty OEM TCV. Many people have failing TCVs and don't know it. Ours should last longer than VOlvo's and perform better for its lifespan.'

Any thoughts on this?

http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S60/New-Produc.../p-74-815-4235/

Cheers!

i have the a/c delco valve, huge difference compared to stock tcv

Thanks for this.

The boost is great (car is chipped to 300 hp with BSR stage 1). it pulls like crazy all the way to red line. there is even a little extra boost around 5500 rpm, dont know where that one comes from (felt it both on stock and with BSR)

Less impressive is till 3000 rpm (i know, big turbo, but still...). there i would say the car feels sluggish and hesitates.

For stage 0 i think it's done. the tuning guy at BSR looked at it too. I wrote in another thread asking for thoughts on changing the vacuum hoses with silicone ones. i dont know of any kit for s60s and i'm quite lost on what to order.

So when it comes to boost, if i can do anything i'd give it a try.

The s70 kit at stylin motors is fine for s60's with some left over, that what i used, great shit.

Really? excellent news!

did you get both intercooler and vacuum kits?

So you're saying thisfits well, no need to buy extra parts or anything once you started working with them. I ask because i'm in Sweden and someone will fetch them for me - so i'd rather have all it's needed.

The s70 kit at stylin motors is fine for s60's with some left over, that what i used, great stuff.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=Mozi...ed.com+=ipd+tcv

I would do some very thoughtful reading before making a decision on this one. I ended up getting one and it performs fine. I wasn't looking for added performance, this isn't designed to add it, but I was looking for something very sturdy and high quality. I was satisfied and the customer service is above and beyond.

From what I read S70s are okay and the majority of problems have been with S60s although iPd tests have suggested that there shouldn't be any problems with S60s.

Thanks a lot for pointing me to those links. dont know how i missed all these discussions on the forum.

It seems it's not wise to jump on the IPD TCV just now - too many problems.

But what are these guys talking about here? the Delco is cheaper and gives faster boost (so it's better too). is it possible? IPD says their better piece is not meant (or able) to improve performance over a new OEM. Totally confused.

This is the link: http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?s...00231&st=40

Cheers!

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=Mozi...ed.com+=ipd+tcv

I would do some very thoughtful reading before making a decision on this one. I ended up getting one and it performs fine. I wasn't looking for added performance, this isn't designed to add it, but I was looking for something very sturdy and high quality. I was satisfied and the customer service is above and beyond.

From what I read S70s are okay and the majority of problems have been with S60s although iPd tests have suggested that there shouldn't be any problems with S60s.

Archived