Volvospeed Forums

Photoshop Help + Opinions?

(n)A-GAME

Might have a chance to pick these up locally for really cheap....and I'd have to run adapters because they're from a VW.

What would you all think of these:

1181f91ga3n53ke3m28bmb1ada054b29e1e62.jp

on this:

IMG_0431.jpg

If I were to do this, I most likely would have a vinyl along the sideskirt as well, and painted mirror caps, with the end goal being that the car mimic the look of something like this:

car_photo_278580_25.jpg

Can someone photoshop in the wheels, orange mirror caps, and an orange vinyl that says "S70" or "Volvo" or something like that on the sideskirt in the same font?

Flame away! I'm 98 percent sure that I like the look of comets better - they're classier for sure. AND the whole orange thing probably looks like a cheap and ricey Porsche rip-off. But these could be fun if I can get them cheap enough. What does VS think?

haha do it! why not, I just wanna see how it might look, worth a shot right? and if theyre good enough of a deal buy them test it then sell them if they suck.

those look good matt. thing is I don't want to invest a dime in these things more than I'd have to....I doubt I'd repaint them. Could you do a pshop of them in the original puke orange?

and could you add a S70 vinyl in the GT3 style down the lower sideskirt?

Neh, It looks good on the porsche because its a sports car, and has the power to back it up. After using VW rims and adapters, its just a pain.

What was so difficult about using the adapters? They don't seem to be that expensive.

What was so difficult about using the adapters? They don't seem to be that expensive.

I had to make my own nuts because no one that I could find sells a low profile m12x1.75 nut that will fit inside a 20mm adapter. I also had to custom cut the m12x1.75 studs. Then theres the problem of rubbing and so forth when using 20mm adapters.

Archived