Volvospeed Forums

Trans Flush

TurboS60

For those of you who have flushed their transmission, I got the IPD kit and it says to connect the clear tubing to the upper line going into the radiator (with the green clip holding it in). But i heard that this is wrong and the tubing should be connected to the actual outlet itself instead of the line that clips into it. So whats the proper way for this?

bro,

push in the green clip from both sides and remove the line

insert the plastic clear tube you got from ipc

turn on car

watch that dirty trans fluid rush out

stop the car when bubbles come out

fill tranny fluid through tranny dipshit hold

repeat till fluid comes out red

done deal

images below:

post-8943-1228256951_thumb.jpg

post-8943-1228256971_thumb.jpg

Well as someone who's done it multiple times, I'm TELLING you to connect to the hose.

Why would you connect it to the outlet? :lol:

Whoops, I'm going to have to eat my words. I was wrong, looks like the P2s reversed the way the trans cooler works.

Good to know.

Whoops, I'm going to have to eat my words. I was wrong, looks like the P2s reversed the way the trans cooler works.

Good to know.

I have a P2 (01 V70 T5a), and I flushed about a year ago just like it was shown in the pictures including the speed tape to get a better fit :rolleyes: The hose is the return line from the cooler, so the flush line goes in the radiator to capture the old stuff. Good luck with the flush let us know how it goes.

Jerr

How much transmission fluid is stored inside the radiator? I need to replace my radiator today and don't have time to do a flush at the same time. I cannot find any 3309 locally and don't have time/ money to get it from Volvo with Tim out for knee surgery.

I'm wondering if I'll be safe losing that little bit of fluid and rolling like that for a week or so until I can do a proper flush on the cheap.

bro,

push in the green clip from both sides and remove the line

insert the plastic clear tube you got from ipc

turn on car

watch that dirty trans fluid rush out

stop the car when bubbles come out

fill tranny fluid through tranny dipshit hold

repeat till fluid comes out red

done deal

images below:

Ok... couple of questions:

Now that we know where the oild will come out....

Can someone give me a pic of where I have to pour in the trans oil?

If I would install a transmission oil cooler, should I install it before or after the radiator?

Archived