Volvospeed Forums

P0303, S70 Running Horrible

michael-s70

what should i replace first on my 2000 s70 glt?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

have a 2000 s70, driving along in the snow today and all of the sudden the car just about stalls out at a light and starts shaking . :unsure: i look down idle is about 850 and fluctuating between 500 and 1200. :o please I need some input!!! fast!!!!

okay so if you're going to replace one of those things...why wouldn't you replace them all. i've never heard of anyone replacing the cap rotor without replacing the cap and pretty much all the other stuff you listed...it's like thirty bucks worth of stuff ...seriously?

and why did you post this in the performance section

okay so if you're going to replace one of those things...why wouldn't you replace them all. i've never heard of anyone replacing the cap rotor without replacing the cap and pretty much all the other stuff you listed...it's like thirty bucks worth of stuff ...seriously?

ditto. Do all those things. At least do cap+rotor together.

Replace them all but if you want to do one, figure out what the oldest one on your car is and do that one. Or just do plugs first, that seems to be the most possible culprit.

Replace them all but if you want to do one, figure out what the oldest one on your car is and do that one. Or just do plugs first, that seems to be the most possible culprit.

Sounds like what's going on with my car, haven't pulled the codes yet, but when i diconnected the MAF it runs fine... so it could be a bad MAF but not a bad idea to replace those items either...

i forgot to also say if i need plugs what ones? i will do it all i just want to know whats causing it. i also have coils not a dist lol my bad i wasnt thinking when i posted it. also what cyclinder is the 3rd one? dead center maybe idk?

Volvo OEM plugs ftw....double check gap is .028.

Stay away from Iridiums they'll work for a while but it is proven time and time again they'll have you replacing plugs and spending more money eventually. (speaking from experience and observation of the forum)

My bad on the cap and stuff.....totally missed that your newer than 98. LOL @ us :)

OMG WTF REPLACE EVERYTHING.

Don't listen to that. P0303 is the 3rd cylinder(middle). Check that cylinder first. You don't have a cap and rotor. Make sure the gap is correct on the plug, and that it looks (relatively) clean. Switch out your third cylinder plug with a plug from another cylinder and run the car. See if the code changes cylinders. If it does, you just need one new OEM spark plug.

OMG WTF REPLACE EVERYTHING.

Don't listen to that. P0303 is the 3rd cylinder(middle). Check that cylinder first. You don't have a cap and rotor. Make sure the gap is correct on the plug, and that it looks (relatively) clean. Switch out your third cylinder plug with a plug from another cylinder and run the car. See if the code changes cylinders. If it does, you just need one new OEM spark plug.

aw... i was waiting for the write-up on s70 wire cap + rotor replacement... :lol:

Check plug. Check resistance and continuity of the plug wire.

Not a week ago I replaced my 3rd cylinder plug wire. It was an open circuit that showed no continuity. Not sure why, it happened out of the blue. Thank goodness it wasn't a blown headgasket or something serious fouling the plug.

Diagnose don't buyagnose.

If you have a high performing car with highish mileage on the parts, replace all. Otherwise, just replace what's busted.

Check your coil packs, since they're probably original. They'll probably have a crack going down the sides.

dude your a freakin genious!!! your right i went and had the code cleared and the packs pulled. what do you know all of them have cracks. exspecially cylinder 3 had bronze tint on one of the sides from it hitting the block.

thanks

Archived