Volvospeed Forums

The New Car

BtownVolvo

Just picked this up last night. Not sure what the plans are for it yet, but I think I might hold off for a while before I start getting too crazy with it. The info on it:

2006 Certified Pre-Owned Volvo S40 T5 AWD A

33,700 with a 100k mile warranty

Navigation

Heated Seats

Aluminum trim

Bi-Xenon's

6 disc changer

Dynaudio Premium sound

Trunk lip spoiler

Crappy pics. I'll get some better ones up soon. BTW, no the Titans aren't going on this since the S40 wheels wont fit on the S70. Shame. Also, the S70 is staying in the family. Just passed her down to the brother. Hopefully he'll take good care of her (if he knows what's good for him).

DSC_0775.jpg

DSC_0780.jpg

DSC_0783.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

DSC_0788.jpg

Didn't turn out like I wanted, but whatevs:

DSC_0795.jpg

As much as I hate light interior, the other options make up for it.

Thanks!

Reid

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yuck.... this is sucha a down grade im sorry bro............

check to see if the door wiring harness recall was done and the crankcase box recall was gone........ the door harnesses suck balls to do and only pay 3.6 hours and it takes about 5 if you dont know the tricks....

check to see if the door wiring harness recall was done and the crankcase box recall was gone........ the door harnesses suck balls to do and only pay 3.6 hours and it takes about 5 if you dont know the tricks....

Eh to each his own. It was the right financial decision. Won't have to do anything but oil changes and rubber for another 67K miles, which means I can focus on paying off school loans and other crap. All in all I love the car and look forward to making it even more baller than the S70.

It's a CPO car--- any open recalls have to be done before it's sold. He got it from a reputable dealer so I am very confident those items have been done. It's under warranty for a long time, I'll doubt he has many issues. S40s have some quirks but most of them have been sorted out now.

Looks great Reid, and CPO so a great buy! Not a fan of the wheels and what not but overall it's got the right options and will be a good car for your needs. It's nice to have a baller car but when you're in school and trying to start your life out good reliable transportation is the only concern. Glad you found something that fits the bill and is still a Volvo thats somewhat sporty. Props for making the smart choice.

I still think : tint, wheels, drop, IPD tune. :P

Only the non turbo variants get the oil trap box recall.

Take it back while you can!

My friend bought a percertified S40 T5 AWD, fully loaded with 20k on the odo

In the past 6 mohths its had

Motor mounts

driveshaft

PCM failure (not covered under the volvo 100k warrenty for whatever reason)

and a new engine

The engine just shut off on the highway and had to be towed to the dealership. Turns out it seized for no apparent reason. He got a new one under warranty.

It's a terrible car, but it does ride and handle quite well. He bought new pegs from Volvo and that sharpened up handling quite a bit

Plus....my stock V70 is quicker after about 40 mph...FAIL s40 LOLOL

Archived