Volvospeed Forums

My New Yellow T-5r

Aequitas_Veritas

Well I have been searching for an 850 for about 10 months. Only the last 3 months did i actually get some cash, but I had managed to save about $4000 towards a Yellow T-5R. I planned to have about $9000 before I actually got one, but I still kept looking. One day I searched craigs list (a local internet sit) and someone had listed a yellow T-5R for $3800, price negotiable. So figuring its damaged I called the guy a few time and left some messages and eventually went to see it. It had 133,000 miles (a litte more then i wanted, but for the price I made do). I was in really good condition for the year and drove very well. So i asked him how negotiable the price was and he said hed give it to me for $2800. So i bought it, figuring its a salvage title, but carfax came up perfect. So I think i just got a great deal.

Some problems it has:

1) low beams on headlights didnt work (fixed)

2) seat switches turned moter on but didnt work (fixed)

3) turn signals didnt work (fixed)

4) A/C doesnt work (fan does, its charged, but dosnt make the air cold)

5) No gas capped (already found yellow replacement)

Still trying to figure out the A/C

Heres some pics:

P1010291.jpg

Heres working on the seat:

P1010300.jpg

Front (grill was fixed after, its no longer crooked)

P1010301.jpg

P1010222.jpg

P1010223.jpg

P1010224.jpg

P.S. I also got a great set of blue injectors off ebay for a really good price for $40, somehow you guys missed that, haha.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

wow way to be persistant. great buy. who needs a/c anyway? you got 2 by 60 air, thast all you need. now you can use the extra cash you have on mods! congrats! glad to see another creme puff on the sight.

I dangled the idea of a CF gas lid to Will the other day.... I think it's marinated long enough.... A group buy can't be far away! Congrats on the Car SDSU! Lookin good... Detail that beotch and post some pics in the gallery!

what?!?!?! :blink: T-5R for only $2800??????? OH MY GOSH? Did the person selling not know what they had???? Thats the deal of a life time!!!! Good find! When I was in the market for a T-5R/850R, it's at least $9.5-10k and I believe it still is. darn, mad props to ya!!! B)

Archived