Volvospeed Forums

Thoughts On The Fcp Suspension Kits

MyCarIsRed

The roads have been downright evil this winter, and the suspension is taking a beating. As of now i'm looking (i think) at front mounts/seats and at least one control arm, and the rear hasn't been feeling to solid as of late either. I'm heading in for a balancing and hopefully alignment this weekend. Assuming that doesn't fix my issues (hey, it snowed in Dubai...) I'm looking at spending some cash. For the equivalent of some Volvo arms and mounts, i could get one of FCPs kits. All aftermarket, but considering the 157k on the car...

Thoughts on the kits? I'm hoping to pull the car along for a few more years at least. Engine is still strong and all no gremlins as of yet. Better all new aftermarket or piecemeal of old volvo, new volvo, and aftermarket? All new volvo isn't likely to be a financial option anytime soon.

I think everyone agrees that using only OEM parts for the suspension (save for struts, shocks, springs, sways, maybe endlinks) is the only way to go. Non-OEM aftermarket parts seem to fail sooner than OEM parts, and whether or not you really get OEM parts from FCP Groton has been a hit or miss as of recent.

You can give Darrell Waltrip Volvo a call for OEM parts, I'm sure everyone also agrees on them being the best supplier for OEM parts as of recent. Can't remember the email or phone number but I'm sure someone can chime in, like Justin (Chilled Man).

I think everyone agrees that using only OEM parts for the suspension (save for struts, shocks, springs, sways, maybe endlinks) is the only way to go. Non-OEM aftermarket parts seem to fail sooner than OEM parts, and whether or not you really get OEM parts from FCP Groton has been a hit or miss as of recent.

You can give Darrell Waltrip Volvo a call for OEM parts, I'm sure everyone also agrees on them being the best supplier for OEM parts as of recent. Can't remember the email or phone number but I'm sure someone can chime in, like Justin (Chilled Man).

Ah yes, tis in his sig. (did i beat him to it?)

Archived