Volvospeed Forums

Wheels Are Done!

Justin R32

Finally finished the pegs! Got an awesome deal on some brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 225/45/17's ($420 mounted)

Wheels were finished with Duplicolor charcoal and duplicolor clear.

Wheels will go on the White S70T5M once the rear iPd sway and the iPd springs go on....

Can't wait!

2009-02-23-ThePegswithtires_0635.jpg

2009-02-23-ThePegswithtires_0631.jpg

2009-02-23-ThePegswithtires_0633.jpg

2009-02-23-ThePegswithtires_0629.jpg

The pictures make the wheels seem slightly lighter than they do in person. Plus the pics were taken at dust with no flash.

We should just go ahead and mount them on my car then until yours is ready.

HAH...somehow I knew this was coming.

Looks nice...what kind of paint did you use?

Duplicolor wheel paint. Charcoal.... I beleive the same you used on your 18's. If I remember one of you old post stated this.

HAH...somehow I knew this was coming.

Duplicolor wheel paint. Charcoal.... I beleive the same you used on your 18's. If I remember one of you old post stated this.

Wow, mine are WAY, WAY darker than those, and maybe a smidge glossier also. I've seen them turn out 100 different ways depending on the conditions.

Yep...but they won't be mounted untill the rear sway and iPd springs go on because I need an alignment BAD, and I'm going to wait until then.

It's going to be hard to wait though.

There's nothing worse then having new/redone parts laying waiting to go on......I think there's a support group if you need to help copping with the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, mine are WAY, WAY darker than those, and maybe a smidge glossier also. I've seen them turn out 100 different ways depending on the conditions.

Yes, but the wheel is tilted towards the setting sun in these pics. Trust me. I put them upright next to the car and they look 10 times darker.

As for the glossyness, I tried to keep it around medium. 2 light coats of clear, then 1 wet coat and that was it.

I've seen several pics of you car and my wheels look very close to the same color. Smaller of course, lol.

Archived