Volvospeed Forums

'00 V70r M66 Teaser

94850tx

I said I wasn't going to post photos until it was all complete but I've had a few folks ask for a sneak peak and it looks like the car is going to be mechanically finished to a degree where it will be at the Texas Spring break meet so some will get posted from that I'm sure.

Aaron has done a kick ass job working with me and has been really patient. This car should have been done quite some time ago but we've had several parts get lost in shipping for months (ex: my turbo was "lost" in shipping for over a month with UPS). We also had some issues that are unique to the '00 R that is different from the other six speed swaps that have happened. I'll cover details in the full build up thread when the car is done. Mechanically the car is 80% done and we still have to do body work and another little something Aaron has up his sleeve...look for a full build thread in another month or so.

Here's a few quick teasers. I'm not going to go into a bunch of details until I post the full build. Just enjoy the pics.

v70rgages-1.jpg

v70rreardriver-1.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

V70rrear-1.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

v70rbrakeshot-1.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Details can be had when I do a full build thread.

Justin- We are not through sorting out all of the different items on the '00 car. When it's all 100% figured out and known I'll post parts list and info.

The calipers are actually painted (no stickers) and have a black R ghosted in behind the Volvo. The Volvo is in Silver...pics don't do it justice. I love it and Aaron did a kick ass job on it.

Not sure why you would think I would have headaches with the tranny...it's not an auto anymore :lol:

That is an exhaust dump. Full 3".

Details can be had when I do a full build thread.

Justin- We are not through sorting out all of the different items on the '00 car. When it's all 100% figured out and known I'll post parts list and info.

Cool since this should be not much different then swaping from a auto to a manaul on the P2 cars :)

Shame I won't be at the meet this weekend.

Awww come on bro' :(

Cool Nick. I'm totally following this one. Two 'interesting' things in this photo that I hope you explain in the full build-thread. ;)

Same exaust I have ;) , you should see the lil balls of fire coming out of the exhaust loloolol... And don't worry Scott "the other thing you're staring at" will be available soon, ask me how I know :D , both great products of Race Lab Fabrication, website coming soon B).

Lookin good Nick, we've all been at aaron's throughout this build. I have to once again, give credit to aaron, he's really friggin' busy this time around, and yet he's still delivers flawless works of art. Jon, myself and the rest of the crew here have seen his face every time he runs into issues :lol: , it's funny how he remains calm and tries not to loose it.

Same exaust I have ;) , you should see the lil balls of fire coming out of the exhaust loloolol... And don't worry Scott "the other thing you're staring at" will be available soon, ask me how I know :D , both great products of Race Lab Fabrication, website coming soon B).

Lookin good Nick, we've all been at aaron's throughout this build. I have to once again, give credit to aaron, he's really friggin' busy this time around, and yet he's still delivers flawless works of art. Jon, myself and the rest of the crew here have seen his face every time he runs into issues :lol: , it's funny how he remains calm and tries not to loose it.

You got that right. I've never met anyone like Aaron. I really think he is one of the most genuine people I have ever met.

Nick, the build looks like a work of art, and Aaron always delivers.

Our exhaust is pretty similar but not exact. the same.

The rear toe link rods are a CJ product.

Really bummed we didn't do everything here in Dallas but with my job move to Shreveport it just wasn't gonna be possible and I am very pleased I was able to use Aaron. Dunno who else I could have trusted. Very, very pleased with his communication and attention to detail through the entire process....and we're still not done yet :)

I didn't realize I wouldn't be cool for having calipers that say Volvo on a volvo...shoulda left them with porsche on them...duh. lol

Archived