Volvospeed Forums

Oil Cooler Lines

jdlc

LEAKY TURBO OIL COOLER LINES? SAVE $150+ ON THIS DEAL for 94-97 Volvo 850 Turbo, 97 GLT & 98 S/V/C70 T5/GLT)

email orleec at yahoo dot com.

What this is about: High Temp, correct oil-cooler line hose with three options below:

IMPORTANT: If not DIY, ask your mechanic if he's willing to install refurbed lines before ordering.

Option #1 - $35 EXTREME SAVINGS: $35 shipped/ppl/conus for a set of cut to length high-temp 'flexi' oil cooler hose. Remove the old flexi-lines and replace with these hoses. Includes 8 Oetiker clamps for superior, leakless install - not recommended for everybody but for those who have means/tools and skills to open-up crimped hose connectors because if you fubar your metal lines, you'll end up with no running car and will be forced to buy a new/set cooler lines ($100+ each online, $150+ each at your friendly Volvo dealer).

Option #2 - $69 ZERO DOWNTIME: $89 shipped/ppl/conus with core charges if you don't want down-time, assembled already using 8 oetiker clamps - will include new o-rings for each end. (Will NOT include compression o-ring or the external quick-release clamps on the radiator end, I was able to reuse mine so I guess you could try the same first?). You get back $20 after shipping your leaky ones back to me so another person can use it.

Option #3 - $99 $AVE TIME: $119 shipped/ppl/conus with $20 core charges for assembled set that includes all o-rings and the quick release clips with securing clamps, and the rectangular o-ring (part #1366791) to save you the trip to the dealership.. You get back $20 after shipping your leaky ones back to me so another person can use it.

s4azon.jpg

NOOB alert: Please be careful not to use just any similary-sized hose UNLESS you're 100% sure it's for oil cooling application. There's a reason why there are notes on some hoses in parts stores that specifically state NOT SUITABLE FOR OIL COOLING.

DISCLAIMER: I'm using this myself in my modified T5M, and I drive it hard with no issues (also used it on my newly acquired 98 GLT).

Understand you do this on your own risk.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (pwebb @ Apr 23 2009, 11:01 PM) sounds interesting. I cant picture these in my head. where are they?

AT 160k, you'll need these sooner or later. Had two turbo cars replaced at about that mileage.

Option 2 is the way to go imo, because you will have very little down-time, my cooler lines will arrive to you ready for use, you take your sweet time to install them, you return your old ones to me, you get back $20, all for $69. Compare that to $200+ for a set of new lines.

QUOTE (pwebb @ Apr 25 2009, 04:55 PM) you have enough to sell to more than one buyer?

Yes, had no luck finding the correct hose locally, so bought a roll of it online.

Trying to get my cost + some and help some of you guys because I love you 'all laugh.gif .

Btw, Apprently there are NAPA shops that do this, not all of them but some. Only downside is, you have to remove yours and bring it to them. And cost about the same from what I hear ($35 a pop?).

and how much are those shipped to Hungary?

oh, option #1, I'm a DIY guy :D

I have not shipped anything overseas(Canada does not count because only lakes divide us from some parts of them, lol).

Tried already to source locally, I suppose?

Yeah, anybody can do it, with patience and steady hand.

I will ask you to find out the cost and how to do it, and I'll hook you up.

But like I suggested, try to source it locally first, the key being it must be for oil cooling application, thus is a) oil resistant b ) able to hold high pressure, and c) heat resistant

Good luck and Lmk. Thnx.

I have not shipped anything overseas(Canada does not count because only lakes divide us from some parts of them, lol).

Tried already to source locally, I suppose?

Yeah, anybody can do it, with patience and steady hand.

I will ask you to find out the cost and how to do it, and I'll hook you up.

But like I suggested, try to source it locally first, the key being it must be for oil cooling application, thus is a) oil resistant b ) able to hold high pressure, and c) heat resistant

Good luck and Lmk. Thnx.

yeah, doesn't make sense to me either to order them overseas... it was late when I saw this :lol:

Could you tell me please the inside & outside diameters and length?

and I ordered a bunch of things from the US, and only got screwed once.. shame on me, no tracking # and wasn't insured..

Archived