Volvospeed Forums

V70r Awd With Mitsubishi Running Gear...

Rex

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted but someone has to work hard to get us out of the credit crunch :lol:

A while ago I spoke to Russ at RT Mechanics in the UK (lovely bloke but never gets back to you!) regarding putting much more power to my R after we did the RICA upgrade. Basically he's of the impression the transfer box - which I must admit looks like a bolt-on afterthought - can't take the rigours of much more power.

I've been told there is an American that posts here who has fitted an EVO integrale system to a T5R with 600bhp - I was wondering if anyone could point me in his direction for lot's of questions....

Regards to all,

Rex

wasn't chuck monkeying around with some EVO parts?

edit

off the project car write up.

Power is put to the ground via four 315/35/18 Toyo tires through a Mitsubishi Evo VIII gearbox and drive train.

Thanks for the replies fella's.

As you can probably tell, another 4 wheeled vehicle got the better of me the other day so I'm going to bite the bullet and spend a whole load of cash to have a stupidly fast Volvo Estate. I know to anyone else that sounds really sad :blush: , but at least people here understand... :ph34r:

Hope to hear more.....

wasn't chuck monkeying around with some EVO parts?

edit

off the project car write up.

Power is put to the ground via four 315/35/18 Toyo tires through a Mitsubishi Evo VIII gearbox and drive train.

True, I think Chuck was, but this was for the S60R project, IIRC.

Thanks for the replies fella's.

As you can probably tell, another 4 wheeled vehicle got the better of me the other day so I'm going to bite the bullet and spend a whole load of cash to have a stupidly fast Volvo Estate. I know to anyone else that sounds really sad :blush: , but at least people here understand... :ph34r:

Hope to hear more.....

That makes perfect sense to me. :D

Archived