Volvospeed Forums

Darrell Waltrip Honda Volvo Aka Don And Jamie Review

BenW

Will the service guy at DW Volvo service is a very nice, stand up guy. My family has taken our Volvos to DW for years now. And, although not as cheap as DIY (what dealer is?) they doo good work and have been honest with me.

Will even hooked me up with my current ride, my Red 96 850R Wagon.

Will the service guy at DW Volvo service is a very nice, stand up guy.  My family has taken our Volvos to DW for years now.  And, although not as cheap as DIY (what dealer is?) they doo good work and have been honest with me.

Will even hooked me up with my current ride, my Red 96 850R Wagon.

and if any are here in nashville/franklin and dont want to pay dealer prices there is a TECH from DW whos name is ellis manchester who will hook you up, in my opinion the best tech there. i too like DW but sometimes the price can be a little steep for me. call the service manager Dan Devine and ask for ellis.Nothing like a good Tech who likes doing side work! B)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest madeline

I am sorrry that I don't agree with either of the two favorable reviews on this dealership. They told me I needed a brake job. I took the car to another dealership I trust in Huntsville , AL ( a long drive) and found out that the brake pads were fine and had lots of life left in them. I'm still driving on those pads and that was several years ago. Also I noticed that the service rep checked boxes on the service order indicating that "customer requests this or that be replaced" which I decidedly DID NOT request. All of this seemed to be designed to boost the bill for the std service interval up to the $500-$600 level. I would never go back there as I felt they were very dishonest in their dealings with me.

I am sorrry that I don't agree with either of the two favorable reviews on this dealership.  They told me I needed a brake job.  I took the car to another dealership I trust in Huntsville , AL ( a long drive) and found out that the brake pads were fine and had lots of life left in them.  I'm still driving on those pads and that was several years ago.  Also I noticed that the service rep checked boxes on the service order indicating that "customer requests this or that be replaced" which I decidedly DID NOT request.  All of this seemed to be designed to boost the bill for the std service interval up to the $500-$600 level. I would never go back there as I felt they were very dishonest in their dealings with me.

hence the need to find a tech you trust or other VS members who live in your area trust, and see if he'll do independent work for you.that type of relationship with a knowlegeable volvo tech is priceless.just think if BAY 13 lived near you? ;)

• 3 years later...

Just wanted to let eveyone know about jamie putnam who is the parts manager there, great guy and gives good prices on parts. His price was actually better than fcpgrotons prices. I ordered power steering lines and he had the parts shipped directly from volvo to me, instead of from volvo to him to me. Great guy would definetly do buisness again

btw his email is Jamie.Putman(at)HendrickAuto(dot)com

• 3 weeks later...

I have now had 2 separate and equally positive experiences with Jamie and this Volvo parts Department. I ordered front lowering springs for my wagon on the first round, and Jamie went out on his own and found the springs individually so I could save from buying the useless "kit." Got my aunt's front suspension parts from him as well and the price was fantastic as well as his responsiveness to emails and the parts I needed.

Great experience.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jamie and Don are very helpful and nice!

Good deal on parts!

This is where ill continue to buy my parts from!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived