Volvospeed Forums

Halo Odst

Boost3237

It's fun and all but way to short, and no where near worth $60. The story is also good until the decide to end it abruptly and leave you asking so now what? I also think it was way over hyped, I hate to say it but Halo 3 was better.

6 out of 10 from me

+ It's halo

+ Great levels

+ Good story

+/- pistol is back... sort of

+/- 2 new weapons aren't so new and don't do enough to inspire

- Way to short

- Story isn't resolved

- Full $60 price for something thats easily just an expansion pack really

ahhh dont say this damnit <_<

guess I will wait till it comes out used unless someone wants to sell me theres :lol:

Go get it, and lets play firefight !

Never played it in my life :lol:

I guess I should check it out sometime once I lose interest in COD WAW, but the new COD comes out soon so i'll probably get it and still be a Halo virgin. :lol:

Halo 1 and 2 are the best of the franchise. Personally I like Halo 2 the most I feel that it was the most balanced of all. Halo 3 just tried to appeal to everyone noobs and experienced players alike. They tried to hard and ended up trying to make the pace faster but ultimately ruined a good game I think. I still play halo 3 because of course custom games and forge is where its at. The MLG playlist is full of wannabies and is just laughable to play through unless your ~ lvl 40 or so.

HALO in general is overrated

Once upon a time you would have been wrong. Now.... sadly its true

Halo 2 is best.

How long did it take you guys to finish the campaign?

4-5 hrs I played on heroic with a friend, we made short work of the AI (though hunters are a biyotch if you don't have a sniper or grenades) Legendary is where its at, though I'll be playing firefight and not care about the campaign anymore prolly.

I sent you a PM :lol:

:lol::lol:

Goldeneye is the only reason the rest of these FPS even are where they are.

fixed.

Halo is by no means new and cutting edge, half life was out before hand and spawned CS and things went from there. What Halo did was create a medium for the FPS controls on a console. Once people realized the control scheme was actually good MS used Bungie's creation to push it out to the rest of the gaming world. I'm a halo nerd and its an awesome game and has a huge fan base/ community but it by far did not revolutionize anything as far as gameplay goes.

fixed.

Halo is by no means new and cutting edge, half life was out before hand and spawned CS and things went from there. What Halo did was create a medium for the FPS controls on a console. Once people realized the control scheme was actually good MS used Bungie's creation to push it out to the rest of the gaming world. I'm a halo nerd and its an awesome game and has a huge fan base/ community but it by far did not revolutionize anything as far as gameplay goes.

That's not entirely true. I agree with you, how ever Halo and the Xbox did take multiplayer gaming to the next level by adding 16 player via LAN as well as Xbox Live.

That's not entirely true. I agree with you, how ever Halo and the Xbox did take multiplayer gaming to the next level by adding 16 player via LAN as well as Xbox Live.

uhh? there were TONS of FPS games before Halo that had multiplayer. xbox and halo brought nothing new on that front. once again, HL:CS is the prime example

Archived