Volvospeed Forums

Forge Wastegate Actuator

HeavyIron

Tired of your old worn out stock actuator going limp at anything over 16 psi?<_< Is a Garrett with a 10-12lb spring just not enough?:monkey: Well, for a mere pittance, Patrick and the crew at Forge Motorsports will build a custom actuator to your spec. B)

Could not get a mount from them so I had to reuse my old one by grinding it off. It is molded as part of the wastegate, but some careful grinding work and drilling two holes makes it work great. I will have it installed tomorrow and will let you all know how it works.

WG3.jpg

wastegate2.jpg

wastegate1.jpg

wastegate3.jpg

Tired of your old worn out stock actuator going limp at anything over 16 psi?<_< Is a Garrett with a 10-12lb spring just not enough?:monkey: Well, for a mere pittance, Patrick and the crew at Forge Motorsports will build a custom actuator to your spec. B)

Could not get a mount from them so I had to reuse my old one by grinding it off. It is molded as part of the wastegate, but some careful grinding work and drilling two holes makes it work great. I will have it installed tomorrow and will let you all know how it works.

Just cut one off a few weeks back so sconeman could start making some universals. If you dont mind me asking what is the bottom diameter of the actuator that you got?

Looks like a nice setup ;)

I'd be curious to see how the 22psi spring is going to work.

What is your boost limits set at on your ebc?

Are you still running the 19t?

Unless your pushing close to 30 psi the gate will never fully open. If I remember right the stock gate is somewhere around 5 or 6lbs. My external gate has a 12lb spring in it and I can run 20+ psi all day and hold it to 7000rpm without a hint of fade.

Be glad with the forge you can change the spring, I would go ahead and order at least 2 more, A 10lb and a 12lb.

you guys would need a better form of boost control with strong wastegates like this, stock bcs can't handle it and mbc's will spool way too fast. An ebc is recommended if you are gonna run such a wrong wastegate.

I have an EBC. The 20g works fine and spools nicely.

Nice fabrication!

I have an EBC. The 20g works fine and spools nicely.

Ditto on that.

I have the 15psi Hahn actuator - it simply will not open below 15psi, period. I would think a 22psi setup is definitely not wise if you are running less than that (22psi). It will have to be set as loose as you can get without the WG actually opening...

I only went with the 15 over the 10 to allow the Apexi AVC-R more finite control (lower duty cycles) over the actuator, since I never run less than 20psi now.

you are gonna run such a strong wastegate.

If the user is running over 22 pounds of boost, then I would contest that the 3-4 pound stock wastegate would be the "wrong" wastegate in their application...

I think with a 22 pound spring, and target boost of 22 pounds, you need no boost controller at all, no? :arob:

Archived