Volvospeed Forums

Need Radio Code For 2000 Volvo S70

Guest Patty

Can anyone help me to provide me the radio code for a 2000 Volvo s70?. please email me at patty7828@yahoo.com. The battery died and is asking me for a the radio code.

Thank you.

Can anyone help me to provide me the radio code for a 2000 Volvo s70?. please email me at patty7828@yahoo.com. The battery died and is asking me for a the radio code.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, the code is matched to your radio, so if you can't find it in your owners manual, you will have to go the dealership and have them get your radio code. You will need to give them the serial # and other info off of the back of the radio. To do so, you must remove the radio--press inwards on the 2 "tabs" on each side of the radio, they will pop outwards, then pull outwards and the whole radio will simply slide out of the dash. Good luck :)

I also replied to your email address with same info

Thank you.

Thanks for your help

Patty

FWIW, you can also get the code from using your VIN. Call Nalley Volvo in Atlanta and they'll do it for free over the telephone.

Only applies to matched car/stereo. Mine came from another car so the VIN is not avail. Some dealers will ask for the VIN along with the radio #'s and if you don't have both they won't give it to you, ask me how I know :D .

you can get it by just the numbers on the radio .

dealers who dont do this are typically douchey ones :lol:

DW wouldn't give it to me. but then again Jamie and Don were not avail. to take the call at the time and I got stuck with someone else who just wouldn't budge, kept saying it's our policy for saftey reason's.

Edit: I actually posted a thread up like this one with the radio#'s and a member PM'd me with the code :blink: .

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi,

Merry Christmas to all!

I am suffering by same thing, lost code for my volvo radio. VIN is YV2A4DBA31B286265. If someone can get the code please send it to me your help will be appreciated. Use PM. Thank you!

Regards

Again - Using the VIN is a crapshoot. That only works if the current

radio is the one that was in the car when it rolled out of the factory.

Go with the numbers on the existing radio. It's also worth looking on

the radio for your 4 digit code. Many owners have written them there.

Worth mentioning that if you put the wrong code in three times, the radio locks out and goes into "OFF" mode. Key must be at least on in the accessory position fpr appx 2 hours until it says code again.

Archived