Volvospeed Forums

How To Remove Front Emblem And Slash From Grille?

Pannucci

As much as I love my Volvo ('04 S80 t6), it's more fun to be a ghost car ;) ...

Is it possible to remove front emblem and slash from grille with out damage or noticeable that something is suppose to be there ('04 s80 t6)?

If yes... how?

... If not, can someone PLEASE!! direct me to a website or 2 that sells sexy mesh grilles for my make and model.

As much as I love my Volvo ('04 S80 t6), it's more fun to be a ghost car ;) ...

Is it possible to remove front emblem and slash from grille with out damage or noticeable that something is suppose to be there ('04 s80 t6)?

If yes... how?

... If not, can someone PLEASE!! direct me to a website or 2 that sells sexy mesh grilles for my make and model.

The answer to your question is that yes it's possible to remove the ironmark and slash from the grille but you will still have gaps in the grille where the slash and mark slotted into it. So if you're good with bondo and a sander, you can fill those in and then paint the whole thing. Your other option is to track down a mesh grille but none of the usual suppliers make them any more for your model year (IPD, EST, Heico, etc). So you'll have to go REALLY aftermarket with the eBay dealers or find someone who is selling one because very little in the aftermarket space is done for the S80. It's just not considered a very tuner centric vehicle.

You may be in luck though since John (JVC) is selling his Heico S80 grille and may still have it - though he claims it only fits 1999-2002. Check with him.

I expect your bigger question is going to come back with how the heck do I remove the grille in order to remove the slash from it? If I'm not mistaken, you almost have to remove the entire bumper which isn't too difficult but does require some effort and a little skill. This write-up describes that procedure.

Archived