Volvospeed Forums

Low Rpm Boost?

yea i know this has been discussed a million times, tried searching and came up with not a whole lot, my boost starts to come in around 2500 rpm and i hit full boost of 14 psi about 3500-3700 rpm, does this seem too low or is it fine? this is with a mbc and all mods in my sig.

Sounds about right. I overcome vac. right around 2250 and start building right around 2400. I hit 10 PSI by 3250 and 12.5 PSI by 3500, so your numbers sound right on target for a T5. All I've got is an R ECU, straight pipe, and a torn CBV.

No MBC here either. Stock TCV.

Anyone know what "high boost in low rpms" would mean? The type of high boost that would bend rods easier in the low rpms? :P

I have a manual car and I usually dont stomp on it until I'm at around 3000rpm, even at that, I dont just step to the floor, usually have about 7 PSI till maybe 4k, then 14PSI till the end :)

Anyone know what "high boost in low rpms" would mean? The type of high boost that would bend rods easier in the low rpms? :P

I have a manual car and I usually dont stomp on it until I'm at around 3000rpm, even at that, I dont just step to the floor, usually have about 7 PSI till maybe 4k, then 14PSI till the end :)

bent-rod.jpg

yea i know this has been discussed a million times, tried searching and came up with not a whole lot, my boost starts to come in around 2500 rpm and i hit full boost of 14 psi about 3500-3700 rpm, does this seem too low or is it fine? this is with a mbc and all mods in my sig.

That's it? When I was running an MBC, I was seeing 5psi by 2000rpm, and 10 before 3000rpm.. :unsure:

Enough to cause detonation. Boost doesn't kill, det does.

If you push your luck, you'll bend with boost, but unless you've got a GT35 or something shoving in 2 bar, detonation will be your killer. On that note, I wonder what the tipping point is for our AIT is before we get into the zone of detonation being highly likely.

And another faulty permaban. No more talking, especially from those who think a twin turbo 13G/16T using the 13G to make up for the 16T's "turbo lag" is a good idea. Continue on here, I like quantitative values, but I don't think anyone has any to contribute.

Enough to cause detonation. Boost doesn't kill, det does.

Thank you. I was about to slap someone. +1 for you.

I'm sorry, you have a small turbo but you don't want to use it how it was designed? The great thing about having a turbo too small for the motor (all cars turboed from the factory) is torque down low. It makes the cars feel more powerful than they are. If you want to wind out your motor to 6k, go ahead, but 5th gear and torque work together.

I feel bad for people who are afraid to go WOT. If you have issues going WOT before 4k it should only be because of loss of traction.

on my 850 I could boost 5psi at 2k in 3rd gear no problem. Given it was an automatic, so that was only part throttle.

Archived