Volvospeed Forums

Evap Woes

P0450 Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Malfunction

P0446 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction

Are the two codes remaining, where is this pressure sensor etc located now, cant find anything online or in haynes.

1996 volvo 850 NA, also can't find air pump location :arob: i thought 96 NA's didn't have Secondary Air pumps

Are the two codes remaining, where is this pressure sensor etc located now, cant find anything online or in haynes.

1996 volvo 850 NA, also can't find air pump location :arob: i thought 96 NA's didn't have Secondary Air pumps

Some NA's got them in 96

I see in volvo's picture that it supposedly goes to the shut off valve

Shut off valve is located behind the LF plastic inner fender lining. You'll need to remove the rivets and take the liner out to access the shut off valve.

the shut off valve is located down under the battery tray, it should have a hard black plastic line going to it.

downsized_1008001911.jpg

this is actually the cruise control vacuum pump that you're pointing out here

pressure sensor is located on the fuel tank most of the time, the code appeared because you have P0446 vent control circuit malfunction code present. once you have that code fixed, you should be fine. looks like on the canister, the big hose has been disconnected for a short while before you pulled the canister off of the car. the vent control valve should have been connected to it... look around inside the wheel well, you will be able to find something around there that looked like it would fit onto it with... a valve with two hoses attached to it, one of the hose would have a "box" on it which is the air filter for EVAP system. the other end would be fore the canister. cheers! :D

mine does

air pump on mine is under the battery, way up next to the bottom corner of the radiator. Most easily seen from under the car.

• 1 month later...

Archived