Volvospeed Forums

For Sale Forum Rules. Please Read!

swdracr

It has been brought to my attention that a lot of eBay auctions have been going up that do not belong to the poster.

Please don't post links to auctions unless they are your own.

No feelers! Items that are actually for sale only

This is just in the interest of not screwing over those who are bidding having searched out a good deal on their own, not just seen it broadcast on a forum. Thanks. :)

Lets stay on topic

• 3 months later...

Once you have sold you particular piece of merchandise, please end the thread by saying "this item is sold" or whatever... If you sell it, and then never post that you did, we get all these old FS items getting kicked back up to to the top for no reason. Also no posting items that are not your own.

Thanks Guys.

• 1 month later...

Lately on this site and also on a couple of others, I've seen a ton of people calling "dibs" on an item for sale, which is really pretty silly.

If you have the money to buy the item, then say you're going to buy it and work out arrangements with the seller. If you don't have the money but really want the item, you can tell the seller but it doesn't mean they have to give you the first shot at the item. It's just silly to think that would work.

Sellers, you must have a price listed in your ad, if you don't you will notified to add a price and if you do not, the ad will be deleted.

bottom line; Dibs don't mean shit and put a price in your ad.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Look guys if you don't plan on buying the item for sale, then there is no need to post a (negative or postive) comment about it. Now if the Seller is grossly out of line or trying to scam members then by all means SEND me a PM. Maybe the seller has No idea and thinks that they are offering up a good deal? Bumps are fine. Let's not ruin it for the seller with "Dude I can get that on Ebay for $10.00 less". I've notice that a lot of the first time visitors start by posting in the For Sale section. Basically lets keep the negativity to a minimum and lets not drive way potential new members by being. Also, you CANNOT post items for sale that ARE NOT YOURS! You see a ebay auction for an item that is hard to find or whatever, you cannot post the link if it is not yours. This applies to any type of classifieds listings, auction, whatever. :monkey:OK?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

On a similar note, no paypal gift requests. It's my understanding that this can eliminate fees, but also removes the ability to file a claim with paypal in the event that your purchased item is not shipped to the buyer. It's just another cheap-ass fee dodging technique. As it stands, seller pays paypal fees. Include it in your listing price.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A reminder that requesting paypal gift is no longer allowed. More importantly, if you as a buyer find a seller requesting it during off-forum or private message discussion in a way you feel is done to avoid publicizing their request for paypal gift, feel free to review the member accordingly in the member review section. You are also welcome to contact any moderator about it, and you may request anonymity along with it, though we can't promise the seller won't be able to put two and two together.

Archived