Volvospeed Forums

Considering A 2011 Xc70 As First Volvo, Thoughts?

aireeca

• 8 months later...

Personally, the 3.2l feels like crap to me. I test drive them all the time and every time the are a scud bucket. They are nice cars, nothing is bad about them. I haven't seen any come in the shop that need major work done to them. Since they are not performance cars i'd go for it. Very smooth nice riding car.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The T6 engine is a disaster from what I understand from a maintenance point of view. A buddy of mine who is a Volvo tech is rebuilding those engines under warranty quite often due to oil burning/oil consumption issues.

Yes certain model short 6 engines are consuming oil. But those motors are cake.ive rebuilt so many of them and have a tranny out of one for a leaking rear main on a brand.new 2013 xc90. But they are nice motors dont get the gas mileage or power volvo wanted. Go for a t6 they are nice. I want a t6 xc70 they are great

Also these engines are so easy to work on after 1. Seem intimidating but after 1 its cake walk

We just tested a XC60 and XC70 for about 100 miles. Both interiors are nearly the same - the XC 70 is about an inch bigger in every dimension except headroom. BTW - both cargo areas are almost the same as my 855R.

To me, the XC60 was a real hot rod, but it was always boosting or shifting - very busy. I had to hold it in first gear to drive it around a parking lot or in stop and go traffic. My wife almost had a kitten when it did not slow down exiting a highway.

If you look at the engine specs it reaches full torque at 1500 RPM - touch and GO!

If you are in a hurry, get the XC60.

However, if you like to see out the windows, slow down when you take your foot off the gas, and relax when you drive, consider the XC70.

We bought a new 2012 base FWD for under 30K.

Archived