Volvospeed Forums

Getting Bin Laden - How It All Went Down

Burn-E

Nicholas Schmidle writes a Clancy worthy report in the latest New Yorker on how the attack on the compound in Abbottadad went down. Looks like interviews from the ground team and insight from the key planners was the major input to his article.

Answers many of the questions you know you've asked.

You laughed because most of it was fiction and no one would leak this level of true detail so soon? I was contemplating that question - those guys don't talk. Then again I wouldn't put it past the Obama administration to want to build a hero story around taking Osama down. So maybe it is Clancy worthy in that it's more fiction than truth? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

New tin foil hat report? We shot our own helicopter down, to silence the ' truth'. Osama has been dead for 5-7 yrs, there's no way a gentic renal disease could have been treated in caves. NO Dialysis gear was found or photographed in his compound. NO pics of the body, and an extremely weak excuse to bury him at sea for Muslim reasons. So, SOCOM troops wacked 31 of their own to make the Prez look like a hero.

SOme questions ther for sure, but WTF. There is no way any SOCOM troops are going to wack his own brother for anybody. I submit the Prez would catch a beatin before that happened...interpret that as you will.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...