Volvospeed Forums

S60 Drl Switch

mpilotz

First off, for the people who are going to say "why do you want to turn them off it's _____". It's because I can.

I've been looking for a way to turn off the DRLs on my '01 S60 for a while now. I got my hands on the wiring diagram and located the correct wire to tap into to install a kill switch

go under the dash on the driver's side and take out the 2 screws; t-25

img2540i.jpg

locate in a bundle of wires a RED/WHITE wire.

img2541au.jpg

splice and strip both ends, then solder/use connectors/twist onto the switch's prongs (what ever floats your boat)

*the wire end that heads towards the firewall connects to the power prong

*the wire heading into a panel, connect to the accessory prong

img2543d.jpg

Simple and easy.

can you not get DRL shut off via software?

if you want to pay a nice chunk for 5 minutes of work at the dealership go ahead lol. plus in canada dealerships wont do it because its "illegal"

Cool, this go for all 60's or certain years?

I really dont know because the wiring diagram i had was for an '01. I have no clue if stuff was changed over the next years

My dad has a 04 V70 T5, would love to do that to his. Do I need to put a kill switch? cant I just cut the wire and leave it that way?

id suggest not just cutting the wire because its still going to be live. the switch is in place so that when the car is on the light can be turn on/off accordingly and not just off

Does it trip the error on the little display saying that bulb is out? Or 01s didn't have that?

no errors; it actually took an error away lol. i have hids and it keeps telling me a bulb is out (its not), but when the switch id off the error/warning light goes away

*is off*

Nice job, Michael!

First off, for the people who are going to say "why do you want to turn them off it's _____". It's because I can.

Yeah no need to worry about that here. I'm sure a good number of us have removed our DRLs too. Lemme guess, did people over on SS give you trouble for wanting to remove your DRLs? :lol:

Nice job, Michael!

Yeah no need to worry about that here. I'm sure a good number of us have removed our DRLs too. Lemme guess, did people over on SS give you trouble for wanting to remove your DRLs? :lol:

Um no. lol, actually I think most SS guys would like to know about this one. I doubt this would work on the Rs though, seems like ours are either software or VIDA controlled, and not as simple as a re-wire, but you never know!

Archived