Volvospeed Forums

Vinyl Wrapping

Patrickw

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I've decided to wrap my R, This will be semi-temporary until I have the money to get it resprayed gloss black ($5-6K for a decent job) and have narrowed it down to matte black or matte white. I always wanted to see what it would look like matte black with some gloss black pegs but at the same time I think a matte white would look much cleaner. The paint is all original (black) and the clearcoat is peeling on the hood and roof. I'm tired of having it look terrible so this is what I've opted to do. My friend owns a sign business so we will be ordering the vehicle wrap vinyl, not the knockoff garbage ebay and I'll have around $600 in materials

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention matte black borders on overdone at this point.

This ^^^^

Don't do matte/flat/satin black...it will look like shit. You don't want that...soooooo now that I've been sarcastic about the first part of my answer. Why do either colour? Mine is already satin black, Henry's is satin white, the other guy in Florida did satin red and now there is the guy in Cali with satin black too....why not go outside the box and do satin blue? Personally this looks pretty damn nice to me.

t_bugatti_blue.jpg

Or this...

audi-rs6-matgroen.jpg

Or if you've really got the balls to step up...this!

clk63_c63_duo03.jpg

My old supra was two tone black and burgundy - Bot matte but satin - I used regular paint and then a satin clear over the top. Was cheap, seemed to hide imperfections, and the results were very nice. In the end tho it's hard to justify a satin or matte paint unless you're rocking a pretty bada55 car imho. My supra wasn't a monster but everyone appreciates a MK3 targa top turbo.

The new wagon is going to be a matte gunmetal with matte black accents. Enough to stand out but it wont scream at ya.

Mine will be done with paint. A good vinyl job just seems too pricey to me. Plus I worry about the harsh AZ sun.

Finding a generic paint you like and taking your time with a satin clear coat is cheap. As long as you understand proper prep work.

Also, a lot of people see track cars done in vinyl and get all excited not realizing that those vinyl jobs are only meant to look good from a distance.

Archived