Volvospeed Forums

My Projector Retro By Rz Designs

BtownVolvo

Got them in the mail today and naturally couldn't wait to put them on. As a side note, I'm a sucker for a well packaged box and Rye pulled it off.

On to the pics:

a257dcff.jpg

I painted my housings with a high-temp "aluminum" paint since my reflective surface wasn't looking too hot.

cdba3169.jpg

Final product. Looks a little wonky, but it's just the lighting and iPhone pics:

34bf02e2.jpg

Before (E-codes and 5k HIDs):

122fca94.jpg

04ea8b36.jpg

After (4.3k HIDs):

89e68a24.jpg

76dd4dc4.jpg

I've since aimed them up a little more. High beams are ridiculous. I can finally see shit at night. What a concept!

Overall, the kit was awesome. It did take a little bit of fabbing and wiring, but nothing bad at all. Super pleased with how it turned out. I'll try to get a better daytime pic tomorrow and post it up. Until then, nice work RZ!

Cheers!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not liking them at all....function fine, cosmetics negative 10

just doesn't look right...doesn't flow with the car....maybe going a dark color in the bowls and the HID surrounds would help, along with dark corners?

something else needs to be done....looks out of place

just doesn't look right...doesn't flow with the car....maybe going a dark color in the bowls and the HID surrounds would help, along with dark corners?

Black headlights and corners are the equivalent to black wheels. No.

His car is surprised.

Archived