Volvospeed Forums

Oil Cooler Lines Info To Help You

BlackBrick

Having bought both Volvo OEM and aftermarket (from FCP) oil cooler lines, I have some good info:

The Volvo OEM cooler lines fit perfectly into OEM radiator and Nissens radiator.

The aftermarket cooler lines only fit into Volvo OEM radiator, not Nissens.

It seems that the Nissens inlets are machined just slightly smaller than OEM. And it seems aftermarket cooler lines are machined just slightly larger than OEM.

So the moral of the story, buy all OEM, but if you want to save a little and buy the Nissens radiator, make sure you only buy OEM cooler lines.

wow that sucks, thanks for the tip. I got fcp lines a while back so when the radiator goes in a few years, i'll know to get oem.

EDIT: ALWAYS keep your old receipts. Just went through my drawer of receipts, turns out I bought oem lines from fcp.

another tip...double check the cooler lines in the radiator BEFORE you remove and replace it all! When I finally just had to hook up the line to the radiator and found it did not fit, all I can say is lucky the kids were not around to hear me. ;-)

Well, after 4 weeks, the aftermarket lower oil cooler line I bought from NAPA is leaking!!!!! $90 part. Eeuroparts has OEM for $120.

ONLY BUY OEM FOR OIL COOLER LINES! It's worth the extra $30.

Bad news: This will be the third time I've done the cooler lines job within a couple months.

Good news: I'm getting fast at it! :-)

Tasca is a Volvo dealer, so everything is Volvo original parts. I buy most of my Volvo original parts from them.

AG

yes and yes.

and yes their website sucks. Thats why I use other sites (such as IPD, FCP, eeuro, volvopartswebstore, or SIDAV (shhh)) to find the part number for the part I need. Then I search the part number on tasca and im done.

I will try them next time i need a part, but I like to give Eeuroparts and IPD business now and then. They have awesome service, and Eeuroparts has an awesome website.

What would we do if they all went out of business and all we had left were grumpy old geezers with a sucky website? ;-)

I will try them next time i need a part, but I like to give Eeuroparts and IPD business now and then. They have awesome service, and Eeuroparts has an awesome website.

What would we do if they all went out of business and all we had left were grumpy old geezers with a sucky website? ;-)

So it's worth paying $30 more to buy an OEM part from Eeuroparts instead of a dealer because of their website? Not sure I get that logic.

Archived