Volvospeed Forums

850 T-5 Vs. Sprayed? Scion Tc

TorqueSteer

Heres a quick one that scared the hell outa me. I was merging off the highway and see a Scion TC still with new car temp tags. It had stock exaust and everything looked bone stock. As I get onto city streets I see him still pretty close on my tail so I punch it at apprrox 40mph and ride it out to about 65-70mph. To my unbeleivable surprise the Scion is still right on my tail, not gaining but exactly where he was before I punched it. I just ran a best trap of 100.07 at the track so theres no possible way that the car could of been stock, im thinking it was sprayed, how bout everyone else? I guess I felt what Mustangs and Civics and WRX's feel when a Volvo hangs right with them and most often pulls them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Im not sure if it is out yet because I recently saw a turbo TC at the track with a big Jamasco logo. Video of it Here(Absolutely Beautiful Car BTW) and I overheard the owner of the scion telling another guy that it was coming out soon. It was the first run ever from it and it had major traction problems. I think he ended up running low 14's with a 105-110 trap. Also the car would have definately been tagged TRD if it did have the supercharger I would guess, which it wasnt tagged anything but TC.

I believe that they are supposed to be 200-210 crank HP.

I just looked at the TRD site, its not listed there. So you may be right of them not being sold to the public. However, if you look around hard enough I'm sure you can get one.

Also, I believe someone has a turbo kit for this car as well. But I would bet that would require some sort of exhuast.

EDIT: I just reread your post. If you did a easy accel to 40mph then punched it I don't think it would be hard for a stock tC in the right gear to keep up with you. You only accelerated to about 75mph, it would have taken time for it to downshift/build boost. Just a thought.

I know for a fact that a Scion TC bone stock is 0-60 in 7.9s but I don't know how a TRD supercharger kit is going to push him up fast enough to run with a Volvo turbo.

tC has 160 hp. Even if it were frost cold your turbo wouldn't spool instantly. Remember if his short geared car was in the right gear there is a possibility that he could hold up with you in that type of accleration contest.

All I'm saying is you didn't really have enough room to use your acceleration advantage to your favor. If you kept on it I'm sure he would be way behind you.

Archived