Volvospeed Forums

New Coilover Kit Option?

We have been selling a lot of the FK coilover suspension kits to VW & Audi customers this season and noticed they also a couple kits for the Volvo 850/70 Series models.

The 2 kits that they have available are:

FK Highsport Kit - non damping adjustable with zinc plated housing - $849

FK Silverline Kit - non damping adjustable with stainless steel housing - $950

Adjustment range on either kit is 1.2" to 2.4"

Kits include both front and rear shocks/struts, springs, adjusters and tools to adjust ride height.

FK Automotive is based out of Germany and their coilover kits are TUV approved.

Just wondering how many people might be interested in a kit? If there is enough interest we would consider stocking either or both of these kits. Or if anyone is interested in purchasing a kit at a discounted price and doing a review on them please let me know.

You can get d2's for that price and they are damper adjustable. And I think the FK's have been talked about once here maybe??

Are they camber adjustable? And after my extensive 5 minuets of Internet searching I couldn't find any specs on them. Haha what's the spring rate on em?

Frank, I did an FK group buy several years ago, through an FK vendor in the US...it took some time, but everything went well.....we did cup kits and spacers.

there were some issues with the 60/40 cup kit....however, it was a quality product...just the small issue with the rear springs....after I complained and got on them, they weren't willing to fix the issue...rather, they just stopped selling that kit for our cars altogether as far as i know.

I'd like to see you get a set of their coilovers and try them out first before starting a group buy and being inundated with issues after people receive their kits.

The price is attractive, and I know that the quality and support is going to be far better than D2....especially if you can work a good price out from the list price you put up...

I can't find the thread for the group buy and the results anymore...it was about 7-8 years ago.....but here's a thread where i posted some pics and comments..

I have had FK coilovers on my old GLI, I have nothing negative to say about them. I removed my helper springs and lowered the piss out of the car, and they still rode fine. I've helped two friends put Silverlines on their VW's, and they both love them as well. I would imagine a similar quality for a Volvo kit, if I was in the market for some suspension mods on my C70, I'd be in line. Unfortunately, too much other crap on my plate is preventing me from pursuing this.

Interesting..

How can you set up the ride height? Via adjusting the spring perches or like the D2s?

The ride height is adjustable the same as any other coil over kit by adjusting the spring perches.

Prasamin - this is not a group buy and we would never do a group buy unless we have tested out a kit first. We have been selling some of the FK High Tec lowering springs in the Koni STR.T with FK spring kits and they have worked well. It is a great package at an affordable price plus it includes all of the OEM hardware require to install the kit.

The ride height is adjustable the same as any other coil over kit by adjusting the spring perches.

Prasamin - this is not a group buy and we would never do a group buy unless we have tested out a kit first. We have been selling some of the FK High Tec lowering springs in the Koni STR.T with FK spring kits and they have worked well. It is a great package at an affordable price plus it includes all of the OEM hardware require to install the kit.

Incorrect, the D2 front can be adjuste by threading up or down the lower hub mount so that you don't sacrifice shock travel when lowering the car more. That's what he was trying to ask, is the lower hub mount threaded on and adjustable or is it fixed and the only way to go lower is via lowering the spring perches?

Archived