Volvospeed Forums

Melted Engine Cover. Anyone Seen This Before?

Ghost Shadow

Got another Volvo C70 coupe yesterday. Opened the hood to find the engine cover all melted.

Anyone have ideas on why this happened? Have you seen this before? Was curious what it could be before i tear into it.

Previous owner said there was something up with the radiator. There is no coolant. Oil filter cover plastic thing fell off he said.

I think the car overheated.

IMG_20121105_211320.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the engine start at all?

dont know, got the car late last night and took only that one picture. coil wires are all melted when i took a look this morning before work. dont expect it to start since the wires are all fuse together.

That's the most unhappy timing belt

can it be from a timing belt? there is no coolant in the bottle. i drove this car before this crap happened and it had a ETM that was failing with a rough idle. the radiator had a crack in it. the car drove like crap, like no power at all. since it wasnt my car then, i didnt give a shit on how it drove LOL.

:lol: :lol:

That's going to suck to pull off!

I'm wondering if you could remove all the spark plug cover bolts, remove the timing cover bolts if you can get to them, and then try to lift off the meltiness all together? See if you can get the spark plug cover, coils and timing cover all off in one piece. Cold make for some sweet Volvo wall art...

Archived