Volvospeed Forums

Iridium Plugs

SIAMBLUE

Just wondering what you guys are running and at what gap?

I have just installed some Denso's IK22 but the gap was factory set at .32 or .8mm,

Just wondering from the Pros out there should i close the gap up to .7 as this is the standard gap,As i don't want to run lean and throw a piston.

Gary.

Just wondering what you guys are running and at what gap?

I have just installed some Denso's IK22 but the gap was factory set at .32 or .8mm,

Just wondering from the Pros out there should i close the gap up to .7 as this is the standard gap,As i don't want to run lean and throw a piston.

Gary.

it depends on wether or not your car is tuned. If it is stock, it should .028, tuned .025/6/7. Really just play around with it see what works best.

Guest Guest

I've had the NGK Iridiums pregapped at .30 with ST Chip

No problems whatsoever...although I am not jumping on the gas pedal either.

Maybe in the future I'll try out something a little tighter...

Now...on the other hand... I havent noticed any benefits either (MPG or Personal feel of the car)

Maybe on a dyno or some other tests might show some tangible evidence

Copper is the best "performance" choice in my book but once again it all depends on what your mods you have ,how the car is tuned and ultimatley how much boost your running! The copper wears out much faster but burn's the best? (now that's my opinion only?) ;)

This happens a lot to them. I have personally seen 3 in two engines do this. I use 1 dollar champion plugs now.

I had similar results with bosch platinum +2 plugs (advertised to be good for 60k miles) in my old '94 wagon for about 2 years (25k) before it started misfiring a lot, since then I switched back to copper plugs(15k changing intervals) and havent had a problem since.

i was never that much into gapping my plugs. i mostly ran beru or volvo oem and didnt gap them at all. :monkey: worked fine tho.

so with my set up what gap (in mm please) would you suggest with volvo oem resp. denso iridium 22?

thanks.

p.s. does it make any difference if a msd or oem coil is hooked up?

Archived