Volvospeed Forums

Installing Irudium Spark Plugs

a_place_08

hey i have a set of 5 spark plugs and need to install them. how do i do this does anyone know exactly what the procedure is for this? i have a 95 850 turbo. also rotor/distributo cap and wires?? turing the battery 90 degrees?

They tend to break, the ceramic part, if that happens and it gets down in your engine you could scrape the walls of your cylinder bad. This is all COULD stuff. There was a thread not long ago in the performance section about these super plugs, it didn't read well.

I was also thinking of going with Iridium, but I haven't heard anything really good about them on here. I see that IPD has changed the brand they carry, possibly because of these issues.

i agree, the plugs really aren't worth what they cost. i did see a small improvement in gas mileage, but i have no idea how old the previous plugs were.

when it's time to get new plugs, or maybe even next time i'm at GI Joes, i'm gonna pick up some Bosch Coppers.

heres the truth i installed them by myself, they are the denso irudiums. you MUST re GAP them and you will be fine once i regapped them this stuff rocked like no other!!!! they are good for high boost also.

heres the truth i installed them by myself, they are the denso irudiums. you MUST re GAP them and you will be fine once i regapped them this stuff rocked like no other!!!! they are good for high boost also.

Can you explain rocked like no other? Dyno? 0-60? Good for high boost? Explain please. If your gonna call it the truth lets see some proof.

what did you re-gap them to? i checked the gap on mine, it was .028". next time i'll save myself some money and just buy Bosch Coppers.

what did you re-gap them to? i checked the gap on mine, it was .28". next time i'll save myself some money and just buy Bosch Coppers.

.28? Must have a rail gun powering those. I actually suggest gapping down on a high boost app with oem coils. Something like .025

Archived