Volvospeed Forums

Factory Volvo Single Din Tray

steve s

when's the last time anyone bought anything from France that wasn't wine or fashion?

anyway..

this Volvo tray fits better (from fcp groton, thanx to greg for the part number!) than the scosche stuff... it clips on in the back to prevent it from coming out, and has no lip like the aftermarket crap that comes off.

VolvoDINTray-0001.jpg

VolvoDINTray-0002.jpg

VolvoDINTray-0003.jpg

a little adjustment is needed because i think it is being squished a little, i'm not sure if it is upside down or not, but with the lettering upside down, it fills the gaps a little better..

VolvoDINTray-0006.jpg

• 6 months later...

Got mine today!

DSCF5346.jpg

Made in France 19 November 1993! Has an "Allibert" inspection or manufacturer's sticker. Straight. it has a lipand clips. Which side is up (I suspect the VERY nice Volvo stereo 'box' will dictate)?

Turns out this side is up (i.e.: letters on the backside are legible right side up when installed):

DSCF5348.jpg

The OEM enclosure is VERY nice, and pre-slotted to accept the pocket BELOW your new HU. I'm connecting the wiring harness tonight!

:D

Turns out this side is up (i.e.: letters on the backside are legible right side up when installed):

DSCF5348.jpg

The OEM enclosure is VERY nice, and pre-slotted to accept the pocket BELOW your new HU. I'm connecting the wiring harness tonight!

:D

Must be something in the air tonight.... I too am installing a new HU tonight as well. I went with the Metra universal din pocket ($17.04 from Circuit City) and so far it looks like it will be perfect. I will post pics tomorrow.

This is the headunit and I have to say looks splendid in the 850 dash. Not to splashy, very classic.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/...113EZ500-f.jpeg

h113EZ500-f.jpeg

I really like the Kenwoods. As a retail product, they seem to have the best overall features, in any combination: FM sensitivity, CD S/N ratio, whatever. And they are near the top of the power (RMS) in all comparisons.

I got the Metra w/ the Crutchfield kit, and discarded it. the Volvo is so much cleaner fitting, adn it snaps where it should.

Already test-ran the radio tonight; I'll do the trim and final installation tomorrow after church. Adn thew wife ReALLY likes it in HER 855! :D This on eis heres"

x113MP4028-f.jpeg

I agree....My last deck was a midrange JVC. It had similar features to this kenwood but felt a little flimsy and lacked warmth in the sound. Post some picks tomorrow of your install.

By the way, I just got a lesson in some of the great comic book artists of all time (from a friend at work).

Your avitar is done by one of the artists he was talking about.

that looks pretty good. better than the aftermarket one i had prior. and i agree, the oem one kinda bows because it has an extra lip on one side and it pushes against the alpine hu..

Yeah, it could be to do with the type of head unit. I think the Metra works well for me because the trim around the kenwood is pretty big. And as far as I can tell it blends in nicely with the other dash plastic. :ph34r:

when's the last time anyone bought anything from France that wasn't wine or fashion?

anyway..

this Volvo tray fits better (from fcp groton, thanx to greg for the part number!) than the scosche stuff... it clips on in the back to prevent it from coming out, and has no lip like the aftermarket crap that comes off.

VolvoDINTray-0001.jpg

VolvoDINTray-0002.jpg

VolvoDINTray-0003.jpg

a little adjustment is needed because i think it is being squished a little, i'm not sure if it is upside down or not, but with the lettering upside down, it fills the gaps a little better..

VolvoDINTray-0006.jpg

Isn't the tray suppose to fit on the bottom?

I like your stereo, fits nicely with Volvo dash, without sticking out too much like many aftermarket units, what kind is it?

Archived