Volvospeed Forums

Seafoam

1130home

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you want to run seafoam through the injectors then pour it into the gas tank. If you want to run it through the intake, use a piece of vac line and an unused port on the vac tree behind the TB

Hi,

Register and put your location in your profile so we can help you better. Seafoam makes several different products, then one being referred to here is a general purpose cleaner for the engine, carb, injectors, etc. Read about it here:

Seafoam Product Page

In Minnesota and I'm sure in many other states you can find cans of this on the shelves at most auto parts stores, etc. It costs about $6 a can.

what is it and where do you get it?

i forgot to mention that the only way you will see smopke is to put it into the vacuum tree which will clean your engine the best....if you decide to put it in the crank case get an oil change within 300 miles and if you go with the gas tank put it in when you are at a gas station on empty and fill it up so it mixes better. i did all 3.....you can put the full can in your tank a 1/3 into your crank case and 2/3 can into the throttle body (vacuum lines).....read the back of the can for better directions. after you put it into the throttle body it suggests going for a drive. i was suggested by many people that this drive is sprited to help mix it better. and those drives are always fun

• 2 weeks later...

Guys and gals,

Yesterday on the way home from Sams club I stopped at Nappa Autoparts and picked up a bottle of SeaFoam. Well to tell you the truth I am VERY skeptial of any add to oil-gas-intake product. I decided I would try the Seafoam, the intake route by placing another vanumme hose on to the vacumme tree and sucking the product through letting it sit for a few minutes like I have read on here before. I had a cloud of smoke for about 4 blocks. I am EXTREMELY happy I did this and if you havent or are waiting to DO IT NOW!

I HAD a LOUD Valve type of ticking sound when the car was cold, After warm up it would go away and come back occassionaly. My 94 855T has over 195,000 miles on it and I honestly thought it was time for a new engine. Well that is gone with this product! I am EXTREMELY happy I did this and if you havent or are waiting to DO IT NOW! I am just simply amazed that this product works well and thought everyone should know.

Wow I am excited!

Paul

i think the turbo guys have been having better luck w/ dramatic results...

my car felt a bit smoother but that is about it...

a point a bud brought up is that if you have ALOT of build up disconnecting the CAT is a good idea b/c it could clog it up quickly

actually i dont know what seafoam does or is, i just hear about it all the time. whats the process. i have to have my down pipe made to match my new turbo and its turbine housing (hehe 3"?) but i guess thatd give me perfect chance. someone break it down for me......whats the procedure?

Archived