Volvospeed Forums

850 Stereo Systems Demystified!

Gregg

Ok, so I spent some time trying to sort out and decypher the 850 Stereo systems, using the Vehicle Specifications and Owner's Manuals from the Volvo Owners' Page. If you think any of the data below is incorrect, please PM me with proof (i.e. a picture, or window sticker, or something) that shows that what I have posted here is wrong. I made this spreadsheet to try and take some of the guesswork out of trying to figure out which cars have which headunit, which have an amplifier, and how many speakers are in each model. Enjoy!

850stereosystems1be.jpg

If you want to include the Euro 850's you'll have to consider the SC-800, SC-801, CR-702 (I think that one is right, I'll check later) and (occasionally) the SC-805

:)

I have no way to get all the info for the Euro models. I would love to include these, so if you have a link to something similar to the US Owners' Page, but for Europe, please do send me the link. Otherwise, I will see what I can find out, and I will make a Euro index in the near future.

so what if you have a SC815 swapped into a 95 T5R

you won't have an Amp right?

No, I believe all the models of radios listed above have the same AMP connector on the back of the radio (can anyone confirm/deny this?), including the SC-815. Therefore, if you plug the round AMP cable into the new HU, you will still be using the stock amplifier.

My mistake: for the '95 850 Turbo, it is the SC-811 (not DC-811)

I have no way to get all the info for the Euro models.  I would love to include these, so if you have a link to something similar to the US Owners' Page, but for Europe, please do send me the link.  Otherwise, I will see what I can find out, and I will make a Euro index in the near future.

No, I believe all the models of radios listed above have the same AMP connector on the back of the radio (can anyone confirm/deny this?), including the SC-815.  Therefore, if you plug the round AMP cable into the new HU, you will still be using the stock amplifier.

My mistake: for the '95 850 Turbo, it is the SC-811 (not DC-811)

the sc-710 has no amp output

• 2 months later...

Ok, so I spent some time trying to sort out and decypher the 850 Stereo systems, using the Vehicle Specifications and Owner's Manuals from the Volvo Owners' Page.  If you think any of the data below is incorrect, please PM me with proof (i.e. a picture, or window sticker, or something) that shows that what I have posted here is wrong.  I made this spreadsheet to try and take some of the guesswork out of trying to figure out which cars have which headunit, which have an amplifier, and how many speakers are in each model.  Enjoy!

850stereosystems2pj.jpg

hmm..I don't see the link to this data?

Archived