Volvospeed Forums

Hot Weather = Slower

turbor850

Does anyone else notice that 93* weather with 60% humidity really does a number on the cars speed ? Man, it sucks . . . . . but the heat wave is going back down and the car will be back in the beastly state, thank god . . . . :)

it does alot more than you think. You notice it yes and we all know why, but its alot worse than you think since you go through a whole season of temp change before you get to the really hot days. But for me i figured out how much it really makes a difference, a couple of years ago i drove from northern canada down to florida. WHAT A DIFFERENCE in performance, i was losing races to cars i was killing in the cold weather.

Nope, can't say that I've noticed that kind of heat issue...

...Oh sure, y'all calling H2O injection 'bandaid,' but look how many are running with it. :pizza:

<cusses while trying to figure out how to overcome 90octane peewater>

Cold Air > Hot Air

I don't need any kind of dyno, not even a butt dyno, to tell me the cars going to do better when its cooler out.

cooler is is more dense and does better in the combustion chamber. That's why most, if not all, turbo cars now a day have intercoolers. just FYI incase someone wanted to know why.

Archived