Volvospeed Forums

Hood Scoop

Ping138

Anyone done a hood scoop on our cars? I thought somebody did one from a subaru a while back but I might be on drugs...... Anyway I was thinking about putting one in for cooler air and extra cooling. Any input? Open to suggestions on this one if someone can speak from experience.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone done a hood scoop on our cars? I thought somebody did one from a subaru a while back but I might be on drugs...... Anyway I was thinking about putting one in for cooler air and extra cooling. Any input? Open to suggestions on this one if someone can speak from experience.

No.

Guest Guest

a subby one was used by a guy i in MI who no longer owns his car or visits to boards, so no help there. Also, alot of people do not like the use of them on volvos. Lastly, it was questioned whether the volvo w/ the subby scoop even helped. it was set a ways back on the hood and was more then likely out of air flow. you would have to wind tunnel the car pretty much to figure out a place to put one that would be functional. Lastly I doubt you really need the extra cooling, cause very few volvo 850/70 drivers are running so hot that they need extra cooling in the engine bay. it may cool it a bit, but would not make any differance, would waste time and money, and could look bad. NO

Guest DougK

Personally I'd rather vent the hood to allow air to flow through the intercooler and radiator and out through the hood than ducting air in (then out under the car).

Doug

Guest DougK

look at florians car, my SEMA drawings or half a dozen or so skeltonized 240 hoods over seas. ;) Im sure someone can back me up on this but air over the car is MUCH better than air under the car ;)

That scoop looks pretty nice. I was thinking about doing some venting à la the Evolve "hood grill" style to pull air from around the air box.

I like how his camera thinks it's 1989.

I do not like his Honda wing.

I really like the uni-wiper!

That scoop looks pretty nice. I was thinking about doing some venting à la the Evolve "hood grill" style to pull air from around the air box.

I like how his camera thinks it's 1989.

I do not like his Honda wing.

I really like the uni-wiper!

Just take off your driver wiper then and re-clock the other side

c4.jpg

i was considering doing this myself

:o

You could be ejected from the crew for putting that on your car. :P

I believe the same guy who did this Subaru scoop also had another hood with speed holes in it. It was for a combination of ventilation and weight reduction, although I doubt much weight was removed.

Archived