Volvospeed Forums

Quick Mod...

Mesoam

My cheapie code scanner died...

Went for something no one responded to when I made a thread

Picked up a "Scan Gauge"

Its a pretty nice unit. Functions as real time gauges (RPM, MPH, MPG, GPH, Water temp, engine load, ignition timing, i'm sure i'm forgetting some). Not all the func's work on our cars such as MAP sensor (duh), FPR, intake temps and a few others.

$130 from ScanGauge.com (free priority mail shipping)

I had it mounted on the wheel column which blocked my clock/outside temp. Didn't like that plus I don't need to monitor it non stop. So i put it on the bottom of the ash tray which still opens fine and does NOT interfeer with the PRNDL stick (i moved it to N for the pics) Install options are still mulling arround my head

Anywho i like it and i think its worth the $

scangauge1.jpg

scangauge2.jpg

Guest Guest_vclvc_*

My cheapie code scanner died...

Went for something no one responded to when I made a thread

Picked up a "Scan Gauge"

Its a pretty nice unit. Functions as real time gauges (RPM, MPH, MPG, GPH, Water temp, engine load, ignition timing, i'm sure i'm forgetting some). Not all the func's work on our cars such as MAP sensor (duh), FPR, intake temps and a few others.

$130 from ScanGauge.com (free priority mail shipping)

I had it mounted on the wheel column which blocked my clock/outside temp. Didn't like that plus I don't need to monitor it non stop. So i put it on the bottom of the ash tray which still opens fine and does NOT interfeer with the PRNDL stick (i moved it to N for the pics) Install options are still mulling arround my head

Anywho i like it and i think its worth the $

scangauge1.jpg

scangauge2.jpg

nice!!

yeah its straight ob2...zip tied the slack up..

i'm still playing arroung w/ ign timing max was 20's somewhere...

going to ME tomorrow so i'll have PLENTY of time for observation , lol (5hrs worth)

so a while worth of driving netted some cool stuff...water temp peaks arround 208 even in traffic..lowest is arround 176 cruising in the cool air

timing seems to fluctuate alot in the 20deg area...

the throttle position never reads 100 even at WOT its arround 90 and is also never at 0, arround 10 (i think)

want to observe the open/close loop on WOT (forgot)

as well as engine load

this thing is pretty schweet guys

Archived