Volvospeed Forums

Spring Comparison

gdizzle

Ok, so I've spent the morning cruisin the net gathering info. I think I have got every spring made for our cars, if there is one I missed, let me know. :monkey::monkey: I didn't include SPAX, because they don't make springs for us anymore. People are always asking about springs so I figured I just compile a list. Anyway here is the list from the least to most drop according to the companies specs on line. If you know if the spring is progressive wound or not, let me know.

TME- 25mm

Heico- 30mm

Eibach- 30.5mm (1.2")

H&R- 33mm (1.3") progressive

Weitec- 35mm non-progressive

SAM- 35mm

FK- 35mm/40mm(f/r)

Intrax- 38.1mm (1.5")

Apex- 40mm

OMP- 40mm

B+G- 40.6mm (1.6") pregressive(?)

FK- 60mm/40mm(f/r)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Chuck said, I don't see our cars handeling a 60mm drop in the front. That's 2 23/64" of a drop! :blink: The CVs would hate life, but the KWs drop 60mm right? Just checked, the KWs lower 35-65mm. Anyone here with the KWs on a full drop?

Like Chuck said, I don't see our cars handeling a 60mm drop in the front.  That's 2 23/64" of a drop! :blink:  The CVs would hate life, but the KWs drop 60mm right?  Just checked, the KWs lower 35-65mm.  Anyone here with the KWs on a full drop?

Don't the MY + 99 guys and V2s have CV joint problems? Didn't Jim go through this?

Don't the MY + 99 guys and V2s have CV joint problems?  Didn't Jim go through this?

The problem was the way the KWs are made. The shock housing was too low and rubbing on the boot which would eventually tear it.

I dropped mine all the way down till the tops of the tires hit the fenders. I still have much thread left. YOu can definately drop it more than 65mm. I had to raise mine because the fender took a beating at that ride height.

Also the 99+ have a different CV design and I guess dual CV boots. There is a clearance problem between the bottom of the KW and the top of the boot. Orginally, I thought this might be only a problem with the manual cars as people such as Jim, Mack and Rob reported tears. I have torn mine on my automatic car. I advise anyone that has KWs on a 99+ car to keep a close eye on the CV. I'm currently working on getting new front coilovers for my car. The amount of drop has nothing to do with this problem. Its just the clearance of the bottom of the strut. If you were at full height or at full drop the clearance wouldn't change.

Archived