Volvospeed Forums

Shift Knob Removal..

Turbo Brick

1. Pull down on the shift boot retainer so that you have access to the bottom of the shift knob, like this:

1.jpg

2. Grip the shift knob with your palm while simultaneously squeezing the front and rear tabs with your thumb and forefinger.

2.jpg

3. Once you've squeezed the tabs as far inward as they will go, give a slight tug and the shift knob should pop right off.

3.jpg

I taught Doug something?!??!  :o  :o  ::faints::

j/k man.  :D    How ya been?

busy busy busy ;)

It actually works out.. I been sorta wondering how that comes off ;)

busy busy busy ;)

It actually works out.. I been sorta wondering how that comes off ;)

Heard that, man..

And yeah, Jesse proved to me in the junkyard one time that you CAN just pull on it and it will come off, but you'll likely dent your roof, punch the sunroof, and/or break the plastic retaining clip on the shiftknob all at once. Doing it the right way just seems like the simplest path in this instance... :P

Holy crap! I just tested this theory and it worked !! I've had a wood shift knob sitting around for months waiting to go in my 850, so I thought I'd give this a go. The reason I've been waiting is because I've been looing for a nice replacement center console shell, a leather boot and P,R,N,D,2,1 piece that isn't punctured (like mine). Oh, well I have the center console, still looking for the other parts, but at least I can rock the wood shifter until then :) Thanks for the tips TB and RLN. Can't wait to get that shifter for my V70 from ya Adam!

Holy crap! I just tested this theory and it worked !! I've had a wood shift knob sitting around for months waiting to go in my 850, so I thought I'd give this a go. The reason I've been waiting is because I've been looing for a nice replacement center console shell, a leather boot and P,R,N,D,2,1 piece that isn't punctured (like mine). Oh, well I have the center console, still looking for the other parts, but at least I can rock the wood shifter until then  :) Thanks for the tips TB and RLN. Can't wait to get that shifter for my V70 from ya Adam!

You got it, man!! I'm glad it worked for ya. By the way, I sent you a PM about the shipping. :)

Oh, and, what Joe said!

Archived