Volvospeed Forums

Best Brake Set Up

vstylz

Im just wondering what some of you are running in terms of Rotors and pads..?

What combos do you all think is better come time for replacement (time to upgrade as i see it)...

what do you all think about Powerslot rotors with some stock pads?

I dont know much about this so was hoping to get a few ideas!

oh and its a negative on a big brake kit! unless someone wants to front me the cash... i'm good for it... just give me about 2 years :D

I dont think id get drilled rotors (not really convinced by it)... but id like to get slotted... anyone here use powerslot or know anything about them...? i think peads are great but yea they do dust a lot...

FCP sells Zimmerman for around 42 bucks... they have the OEM for 72... thas a huge difference...

I dont think id get drilled rotors (not really convinced by it)... but id like to get slotted... anyone here use powerslot or know anything about them...? i think peads are great but yea they do dust a lot...

if you're not convinced of xdrilled, take a look at nything big and made in germany ... x-drilled.

2005-Mercedes-Benz-CL65-AMG-pic-12-92854

pb_1.jpg

if you're not convinced of xdrilled, take a look at  nything big and made in germany ... x-drilled.

2005-Mercedes-Benz-CL65-AMG-pic-12-92854

pb_1.jpg

yea... definitley see that...

one problemo for you though...

i can guarantee that the structural integrity of your rotors arent like those

Problem is that these drilled rotors are literally DRILLED after they've been made and thats just asking for it...

these higher end cars; the drills are INCORPORTATED in the creation procedure...

and anyways... i dont think 11" dirrled discs give the intended presence on the road that many seek from it...

slotted rotors actually have some use...

yea... definitley see that...

one problemo for you though...

i can guarantee that the structural integrity of your rotors arent like those

Problem is that these drilled rotors are literally DRILLED after they've been made and thats just asking for it...

these higher end cars; the drills are INCORPORTATED in the creation procedure...

and anyways... i dont think 11" dirrled discs give the intended presence on the road that many seek from it...

slotted rotors actually have some use...

the only way you are going to crack a drilled rotor is track use, you will NEVER crack them with OEM pads on the street.

sounds like you already know everything, why you askin us?

i know what to not spend my money on (personal opinion).

i dont know what everyeone experienced here, and thats what im asking as well as some opinions on good replacement rotors and pads.

I'm looking into X-drilled myself. I haven't heard anyone complain of mechanical failure. Perhaps others will post. From the research I've done it appears that slotted work great at dissapating heat but cut through pads much faster than X-drilled.

the only way you are going to crack a drilled rotor is track use, you will NEVER crack them with OEM pads on the street.

makes sense...

so why really would one get 11" drilled discs then?

i personally dont believe in form without functionality when it comes to "modding".

makes sense...

so why really would one get 11" drilled discs then?

i personally dont believe in form without functionality when it comes to "modding".

It dissapates the gasses faster and more efficiently than a oem rotor wich creates more pad on rotor contact in hard braking. It also helps in heat dissapation. A search can answer all these n00b ?s very quickly.

Personally,

I've had solid, slotted, xdrilled and combo's. I honestly prefer solid or slotted. I xdrilled my S60R discs on the 242 and felt it like it honestly lost performance.

best brake setup

43375217.jpg

It dissapates the gasses faster and more efficiently than a oem rotor wich creates more pad on rotor contact in hard braking.  It also helps in heat dissapation.  A search can answer all these n00b ?s very quickly.

oh please dont even give me that nonsense... slotted rotors will do nothing for almost everyone here... its just a looks thing...

a search will can corroborate you're a douche bag...

Archived