Volvospeed Forums

Real Bad Volvo 850 Problem

Batalia

I have a Darn iguana living in my volvo 850. Its underneath the dashboard behind the evap core and I can't get it out. Its come out several times to look at me and then runs back in the dash. I already took apart the entire top of the dash and still can't get to it. I'm not going to take out the rest of the dash. But I bet this never happend to anyone else. A iguana living underneath its dash. I know its not stuck because it comes out and looks at me then runs back in. Darn THIS IS A PAIN IN THE A$%

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never had that problem, but ive worked in a few pet stores. iguanas love veggies. lure him out with some kale or collard greens into the back or something and then net him or get him with a towel. leave them out for a while and hell smell them. they bite and scratch visciously so be careful.

Next time he pops out throw him some velcro tape and ask him to fix all the places where the dash squeaks.

Seriously, you don't want that thing dying inside your dash. I have no idea how to catch it, but maybe you can call your local pet store (or pest control) for some ideas on how to trap it and set it back where it belongs.

I have a Darn iguana living in my volvo 850. Its underneath the dashboard behind the evap core and I can't get it out. Its come out several times to look at me and then runs back in the dash. I already took apart the entire top of the dash and still can't get to it. I'm not going to take out the rest of the dash. But I bet this never happend to anyone else. A iguana living underneath its dash. I know its not stuck because it comes out and looks at me then runs back in. Darn THIS IS A PAIN IN THE A$%

:D

let me add to this story. Turned on the car and turned on the a/c becuase that already got him out twice but then he ran back in. For some strange reason the doors locked on me with the engien running and now I can't get into the car. This must be the day in hell. I have a lizard living in the car with the doors lock and the engine running.

SHOPVAC!!!!!!!! :lol:

Guest AlvinL

I'm so sorry but I gotta laugh. It's been about 1/2 hr since he locked his car with the engine running. I picture him outside trying to unlock the car with an iguana inside running around freezing to death. :lol::lol::lol:

Ahem <stops laughing> Hope we hear some good news soon with help from AAA. :)

The scariest part of this whole thing is that while the lizard was in the running car, AC on full bore; he actually went in to his house, got on the Internet and told us all about it! :blink:

Why not just ask the iguana, to drive over to the locksmith and get the door open?

I'm sorry. Best thread ever.

Archived