Volvospeed Forums

Qbm Control Arm Bushings

kir

This weekend I'd installed Slater's delrin bushings on my stock control arms (OEM, 5000km on them). My car has IPD bars, QBM endlinks, KONI+Eibach, OEM strut, all bushings replaced within last 5000km, both front and rear. Roads here are pretty harsh. That's where I came from to Slater's delrin bushings, I mean I had suspension in excellent condition working pretty good and pretty good steering even before this mod.

So my impression after putting these delrin bushings and taking an alignment is : AMAZING! Driving like in computer game. Big difference from what I had. I mean you turn a wheel and there's absolutely no delay before car turns. Turns I used to take at (maximum) 100kmh are now easily taken at 120-130kmh.

And front end feels a little bit different, it feels more solid or I don't know how to say - you have to feel that. On snow and ice car is much more predictable, we had (and will have more) a lot of this stuff so I know what I'm talking about ;)

Slater, huge thanks for another excellent product! Keep up great work!

PS. Installation is very easy. It took 5 mins per arm to prepare arm for these bushings.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This weekend I'd installed Slater's delrin bushings on my stock control arms (OEM, 5000km on them). My car has IPD bars, QBM endlinks, KONI+Eibach, OEM strut, all bushings replaced within last 5000km, both front and rear. Roads here are pretty harsh. That's where I came from to Slater's delrin bushings, I mean I had suspension in excellent condition working pretty good and pretty good steering even before this mod.

So my impression after putting these delrin bushings and taking an alignment is : AMAZING! Driving like in computer game. Big difference from what I had. I mean you turn a wheel and there's absolutely no delay before car turns. Turns I used to take at (maximum) 100kmh are now easily taken at 120-130kmh.

And front end feels a little bit different, it feels more solid or I don't know how to say - you have to feel that. On snow and ice car is much more predictable, we had (and will have more) a lot of this stuff so I know what I'm talking about ;)

Slater, huge thanks for another excellent product! Keep up great work!

PS. Installation is very easy. It took 5 mins per arm to prepare arm for these bushings.

SWEET! Told ya you would like them!

The car feels like night and day with them installed, doesn't it? To me it felt just like when I've installed an LSD on other FWD cars. The car is actually fun to drive, and rotates so easily and smoothly. Steering input is instantaneous. And like you said the front end feels solid. Personally I think the bushings make more of a difference than the performance end links or even IPD sways. When I put those parts on my car I was like wow this feels nice. But after I installed the bushings I was like HOLY CHIT this feels nice!

So the install was cake? That's great to hear. How were the instructions?

What about harshness? I noticed no difference in harshness with the Delrin bushings vs stock or poly. Did you notice the same thing?

awesome! I didn't even know these were available yet.

Kirill got the top secret Ukrainian advanced order set ;0)

The car feels like night and day with them installed, doesn't it?

Well, you know... I even decided not to look for bolts futher (you know what I am talking about), 'cause I enjoyed to drive with these so much! :) It's really makes BIG difference!

Steering input is instantaneous.

Exactly, thats what I was trying to say.

And like you said the front end feels solid. Personally I think the bushings make more of a difference than the performance end links or even IPD sways. When I put those parts on my car I was like wow this feels nice. But after I installed the bushings I was like HOLY CHIT this feels nice!

Well, I can't compare with other mods, 'cause they were already installed. I just must admit that with these already _freshly_ installed delrin bushings make very significant difference. Difference you WILL feel immediately after install.

So the install was cake? That's great to hear. How were the instructions?

Install was easy. Dismounting control arm, 5 mins to make surface flat (including beer), mounting. Instructions are too detailed :P

What about harshness? I noticed no difference in harshness with the Delrin bushings vs stock or poly. Did you notice the same thing?

I can't compare with poly, 'cause never had them. But if to compare with brand new Volvo Original which I had - no difference. Except that now I can avoid more potholes with advanced steering :)

Kirill got the top secret Ukrainian advanced order set ;0)

Yo, mannn, localoffice and stuff... While you keep our secrets you are on safe side :ph34r:

:D

How soon can the USA get them? ;)

One week. I am waiting on the lubricant which was backordered. Kirill got the last of it which is why he got his set early.Once the lubricant is in I will have plenty of kits available. Both the bushing-only kits (like Kirill has) and the full replacement kit that includes brand new QUALITY arms (not Scantech) ready to bolt on and go.

Slater-

I'll definitely take a bushing-only kit. I don't even need the bushing lube... I've still got some of that sea-green-goop-in-a-35mm-film-can-that-gets-EVERYWHERE from my IPD sway bars. Those injectors will be out of my car and on their way to YOU on the 16th of December... you can take the cost of the bushings out of the payment for the injectors, k?

-Jon

One week. I am waiting on the lubricant which was backordered. Kirill got the last of it which is why he got his set early.Once the lubricant is in I will have plenty of kits available. Both the bushing-only kits (like Kirill has) and the full replacement kit that includes brand new QUALITY arms (not Scantech) ready to bolt on and go.

how soon in the us, applications? pricing?

dood you gotta read the posts

Archived