Volvospeed Forums

Aaarg! My Brakes Are Frozen, Car Wont Move

C70drvr

DAYUM IT ALL TO H3LL!!!!!! :angry:

I just had it washed, probably a bad idea, but that road salt was just horrid to look at. I park it in my driveway at around 9:30pm, and just went out around 2am to go take some pics, but I release the parking brake, and nothing. there's no response in the hand brake, so this must mean my rear brakes have just frozen. It's about -10 degrees C outside (14 F), and is going to be below freezing for the rest of the year. What am I going to do? I can't move the car into my garage, I can't move it anywhere. A hairdryer clearly wont work, because since the air its taking in is so cold, the output is just room temperature heat. It's supposed to be -3 C tomorrow (26ish F) and sunny. Hopefully that might do the trick, but I have to leave at 8am, and the sun wont be strong enough to melt anything fast enough. I really don't want to take the V70R to school tomorrow. Since I can't go anywhere without the g/f's permission, basically her just getting pissed at me. And I have a few appointments tomorrow during the day, plus I have a 4th period spare.

Arg, this is terrible.

Archived