Volvospeed Forums

Some Questions/request

locosol96

Need some 411 from the more "senior" folks here...

1) I have managed to replace all of my burned out dash/switch lights, except one: the Info switch. I got the thing apart, but can't figure out how to get the mini circuit board off to get to the bulb socket. Any help here?

2) Anyone know if the 3rd seat is removable? I want the holes in the back for future amp/sub hiding...

3) Does anyone have a pic of the chrome jewel lights on a dark colored car? I was thinking about these in the future and wanted the black ones. But with the current deal George is offering, I may go with the chrome. Would help to see how they look first. Did a search, but didn't find what I was looking for.

4) I have the following:

-Sylvania complete bulb list for the 850.

-Teardown diagrams for HU and speaker installation for the 850.

Would love to share, but they are Word/Adobe files. How can I post them here for folks who want?

Thanks!

<!--quoteo(post=476978:date=Dec 22 2005, 06:47 AM:name=locosol96)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(locosol96 @ Dec 22 2005, 06:47 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Need some 411 from the more "senior" folks here...

1) I have managed to replace all of my burned out dash/switch lights, except one: the Info switch. I got the thing apart, but can't figure out how to get the mini circuit board off to get to the bulb socket. Any help here?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just did this repair. You either buy a new INFO switch or you desolder that circuit board to take it out to replace the bulb holder. I did the latter. That short body bulb is available at the dealer which is what I bought. The recent post below has the information on this bulb. The bulb is 1.2W and it seems a similar bulb is available from Radio Shack. My only issue with that is that it's only .06 amps which works out to be about 0.72W so is a little dimmer.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=27447

Archived